Influence/Manipulate people over the internet

Hello there!

I wasn't really sure which forum I should pick to ask this question. Even though my idea might appears a little playful, it is a matter that I want to take serious and I figured that an online community who is interested in science would be inclined to take this matter equally as serious as I do. So, here I am! New! Hello everybody, I hope you can help me out!

Aside of the direct confrontation, with our daily social interactions, we have today another method to manipulate people: the internet. As it seems (to me at least) it might be even easier to gather some kind of fellowship around yourself over the internet if you have the appropriate thing to say - this forum for example is such a manipulation but it is not exactly what I meant. Now I am talking about the "real" manipulation, the "bad" one, where you try to get people to trust you nearly without reconsideration in order to "use" them for your purpose. A rather ghastly example would be an ill minded person who manages to arrange that his victim wants to see him. We are talking about grown people who have their own (stubborn) opinion; how do you manipulate someone like that then?

This whole scenario fascinates me greatly but I should stop with my considerations and explanations and get to the real question:

How can I manipulate people over the internet in such a way that they are willing to believe the things I tell them, to accept tasks I give them and especially to make them want to meet me?

...or where can I look how to do so. It would be interesting to have a thorough insight how to do that with people of both genders who are about 16 to 30 years old and most importantly all these people shouldn't live too far away from my place, at least they should all be in the same country, so it is easier to meet each other in person.

It seems probably odd that I ask this but I can't really just turn off my desire for knowledge.. in case you wonder why I want to know this, that is what I want to accomplish with this kind of information.. read it here:

A. I want to research this subject out of curiosity - my user name suggests that I strive for insight, doesn't it.

B. It is my intend to test such methods and find out how easy I might be able to manipulate people like that.

C. In case I succeed I might consider gathering those people and discuss with them this very subject.

D. I don't intend to exploit anyone, still I want to explore how to make them very open to my suggestions.

Well, as you can see I am very curious about such things. I find it fascinating that someone can become very influential even though they exploit their members quite obviously, scientology for example or the book of mormon. I find it sad that so many people are using such influence over people mostly on a selfish basis, instead of opening their minds to new ideas they close it completely - that's just stupid, I think mankind is capable of much more than this. These are my thought on all this anyway. Hope the text wasn't too boring, I'm glad you made it through :)

I want to thank you in advance for any help you can get me!

Have a nice day!

How can I manipulate people over the internet in such a way that they are willing to believe the things I tell them, to accept tasks I give them and especially to make them want to meet me?

...or where can I look how to do so. It would be interesting to have a thorough insight how to do that with people of both genders who are about 16 to 30 years old and most importantly all these people shouldn't live too far away from my place, at least they should all be in the same country, so it is easier to meet each other in person.

That would be a whole lot less creepy if you had phrased this in terms of other people doing it. How do these folks manipulate people over the internet in such a way that they are willing to believe the things they are told, to accept tasks they are given and even want to meet the manipulator?

In considering this question, the most important thing to bear in mind is this:

Most people are vulnerable to flattery.

So, in order to manipulate a person, just follow these two simple rules:

1. Identify the person's point of weakness - the thing that most worries them. What LRH in Scientology, called their "ruin". Sometimes this is a physical thing, like ugliness. It can take many other forms. You can usually suss it out fairly soon.

2. Then, having identified their "ruin", flatter them repeatedly with words which deny its reality. Say things like: "you're not ugly, you have a very kind and spiritual face". Or: "You're not stupid, you have a very perceptive mind" And so on. Keep saying these things. No matter how vapid they sound to you, they will have a favourable effect on the target person. And will eventually induce the person to yield to your desires.