Are we biologically adapted to living in North America?

I think avoiding unadulterated bullsh** probably helps.

So the increase in lifespans we've observed in the world is what, magic?

I'd say a more accurate statement would be "If someone is advertising a product to extend your lifespan, it doesn't work (unless you have a fatal disease that it treats, but even then, be cognizant of who is selling it)."

I'd say a more accurate statement would be "If someone is advertising a product to extend your lifespan, it doesn't work (unless you have a fatal disease that it treats, but even then, be cognizant of who is selling it)."

I agree, but the original "nothing you can do" statement excludes things like eating properly and exercising or going to the doctor and getting treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

The question is too broad.

Living in North America, which part? North America is pretty wide as an area... Miami and Toronto are both in North America and have completely opposite environments.

Firstly, in reply to some posts above, there is still debate on human evolution so I cannot state without any doubt whatsoever that we all evolved from Africa (Africa at its actual size- remeber that continents too have split and moved, "evolved" in shape and position), and however that does not imply that our ideal environment would be today's Northern African- as there is incontrovertible evidence that the climate of Africa (at the size that we see today) thousands of years ago, especially Northern Africa, was completely different from today's, being more temperate and green, thus more suitable to human settlements. Just study about Mesopotamia, Babylon, Egyptian cities, during even only 2000 yrs ago at the times of the Roman Empire. These cities were described as paradises with incredible vegetation, water, abundance, etc.. A very different geography from today's.

However, if we want to assume that the first human migrations to other world regions all began from Africa (whichever size it was when these started), then we must assume that all the migrating tribes departed for a reason and stopped in a given area for another reason, and this reason for stopping in a given area is that that tribes had benefits from doing so, where adapting there would be easier than keep trying to adapt to the changing original site. (This type of migration has been seen in countless archeological sites where there is evidence for mass, real and proper "evacuations" of whole settlements- see in South America.

Now we have to also consider that each "tribe" or human race has different characteristics that enable one tribe to perfectly adapt to one climate and another to adapt to another.

My "tribe-line" :) is unable to adapt to hot weathers, not even to those that characterize perfectly habitable places by "western civiliaztions" like Southern US, or Southern Europe. I suffer from it and prefer cold weathers- where my mind and motivation maintain dynamism. TODAY, humans thanks to advances in medical science, transportation&communication means and all the rest that we all know perfectly adapts (physically and psychologically) to any weather that is not too extreme (harmful) on our vital functions.