Wear your attitude...

Does your attire reflect subtle psychological imports?

For example, a uniform sans a tie is very rarely a uniform.

Also it implies a high state of alertness and aggression.

Evaluate this against a trademark jeans-tshirt-sneakers combo and we see a behavioral pattern emerging here.

How does this modify basic evolutionary responses which were based on " a no clothes approach". Our simian ancestors weren't known for their dress sense....

Does this mean anything, if at all?

Please express your ideas.

Thanks in advance.

There are millions in the military who would probably disagree with this statement.

I personally would evaluate a necktie as an additional constraint on the human psychosomatic identity. In this context any additional needs to conform with a standard would also imply a parallel impact on the mental outlook of the individual.

To illustrate, picture a platoon where all the soldiers wore clothes that no one else in the platoon wore. What would the "collective psyche" of such a control group be? :huh:

Your thoughts...

Edited by petrushka.googol

• 3 weeks later...

I think the way you're using jargon here doesn't make sense. What's a "psychosomatic identity" versus any other kind of identity?

Also, you've got to recognize that lot of clothing people wear are a result of greater social factors like class and ethnicity. A lot of my work clothes fits tightly because I get it from Goodwill and therefore can't have it fitted. It isn't some greater, revealing statement to my identity or inner mind. It's just me as an individual meeting the challenges of being an adult in the working world.

I think the way you're using jargon here doesn't make sense. What's a "psychosomatic identity" versus any other kind of identity?

Also, you've got to recognize that lot of clothing people wear are a result of greater social factors like class and ethnicity. A lot of my work clothes fits tightly because I get it from Goodwill and therefore can't have it fitted. It isn't some greater, revealing statement to my identity or inner mind. It's just me as an individual meeting the challenges of being an adult in the working world.

As a control consider a subject sans clothing. It usually is a positive style statement expressed like the emperors new clothes and the impact, whose probity can be doubted, is definitely hard hitting. Consider quite the opposite scenario. As you say class and ethnicity do affect your attire but then, who can deny that? It shows the hidden angst of the individual as you couldn't expect the Third Estate to dress in ornate finery....Does this not carry a hidden import? Or is this sheer coincidence...Leave it to you to decide. :wacko: