How does salt effect the boiling point of water?

erinous

I have to write the background/introduction (part of my report) on this:

How does salt effect the boiling point of water?

Basically, my teacher only wants me to do the physics side of this experiment, not the chemical side. She also wants the background to be about 1+ page/s (purely on the background).

Could anyone just give me some pointers on what to write in the paragraphs and what issues/topics I should address within the background...(also because if you wrote it for me it would be breaking the rules, and also copyright)

Thanks in advance :lol:

oh, and by the way, I'm new to SFN (as in today new) so please don't be hard on me

and it's grade 11 work, but it's a grade 10 subject (1 semester)

Edited by erinous

We aren't obliged to tell you the specifics on what you should write for your assignment. As a more general answer to your problem, a basic outline for an assignment of this sort would be to define the question, explain the theory behind the question and formulate an answer based on that theory. The next thing you have to do is fill it out in a way that flows well, makes sense, is concise, correct and doesn't waffle on some random tangent.

Do you understand the theory behind what you're trying to talk about?

Yes, I've achieved about 400words, in scientific syntax, but I have no idea on how to expand that to 1 page + (what i wrote was about 3/4 of a page)

Thanks, though

We aren't obliged to tell you the specifics on what you should write for your assignment. As a more general answer to your problem, a basic outline for an assignment of this sort would be to define the question, explain the theory behind the question and formulate an answer based on that theory. The next thing you have to do is fill it out in a way that flows well, makes sense, is concise, correct and doesn't waffle on some random tangent.

Do you understand the theory behind what you're trying to talk about?