Good Homework Forum-anywhere?

MolecularMan14

Hey everyone,

Since I am carrying all honors classes, I have more to worry about than science (as hard as that is to believe). Does anyone know of any good homework, in general, forums? things consisting of English, philosophy, History, geology (for some reason we are learning plate tectonics in biology class, and Im so lost), and languages, like lets say german :)

If there isnt any out there with this sort of components, I guess I'll have to make one- I might just need some help with that too :D

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Molecular,

why dont you give this board a try

post a homework problem you would like help with

and see if anyone responds constructively

there are some well qualified people----for example "swansont"---

and the problem, if anything, is that not enough people ask them questions.

if one of them responds then it will help this SFN board get its

homework help business started.

lol, well my h. literature course is really the one that drove me to ask for assistance. Dont get me wrong, my h. bio course is interesting and all, but I know basically everything they're teaching us. Do we have any literature fans here? Fans of Rand, Joseph Campbell, Homer, Harper Lee, or some of the classic Highschool curriculum authors? lol

(I'll most likely begin a new thread for this one- but we'll see if we have any experts here in the mean time :D )

lol' date=' well my h. literature course is really the one that drove me to ask for assistance. Dont get me wrong, my h. bio course is interesting and all, but I know basically everything they're teaching us. Do we have any literature fans here? Fans of Rand, Joseph Campbell, Homer, Harper Lee, or some of the classic Highschool curriculum authors? lol

(I'll most likely begin a new thread for this one- but we'll see if we have any experts here in the mean time :D )[/quote']

the idea of the hero, the superior man,

according to Ayn Rand we ordinary folk depend on the exceptional individual and must allow such individuals a measure of freedom to operate

Joseph Campbell a scholar of the hero myths

HOMER that is more familiar territory

A personal acquaintance of mine recently finished a translation of Odyssey into English verse (homeric meter) and it has been published by the University of Michigan Press.

I find the Iliad boring but I like the Odyssey.

which are you reading?

WHOSE TRANSLATION? (ultimately that matters quite a bit, the translator makes the poem his own, essentially retells the story, as homer retold it before him)

What do you mean by CLASSIC HIGHSCHOOL CURRIC. AUTHORS?

What are some books you are actually going to have read this year or next term? there may be some that are more interesting to discuss than the ones you have already mentioned. what are some you actively dislike?