Rocket

GetBG

I am making a lil rocket >:D

This is the drawing:

27a3374eca43d64e.JPG

The idea is that the KNO3 and Sugar will create smoke and when it goest through hole and that will create draught that will make it flew.

Have someone ideas or hints?

there is not legal issue with making rockets out of kno3 and sugar, myself im trying to make a rocket without the drill hole through the middle meaning it has a longer burn time but i have to use much stronger chemicals. for you sake stay with the simple stuff till you know what you are doing with the chemistry and physics, just experiment, have fun but please make sure your safe. if you dont compress the fuel and its powdered too well it will basically become a pipe bomb which is VERY illegal and you might kill yourself.

Do not worry, I have very good idea what I am doing, my profile subject in school is chemistry(i am in the biggest and best nature science High school in my country) and plus this my father is a chemist with a long years experience.

• 4 years later...

For having played myself with explosives and rockets:

(1) Be paranoid with these things.

(2) Fire them only with thick soil separating them from you. Distance isn't enough. Don't look at them: use mirrors or a camera.

(3) Use electric igniters, nothing else. Seek a way to remove them while you stay at your protected location.

(4) Slowly igniting rockets are dangerous.

(5) How do you hold the last propellant remnants to the walls? If they fall in the throat you've lost.

(6) Inspect the propellant for cracks. If any, don't burn it within the rocket casing.

(7) Your drawing is imprecise. You won't ignite deep into the propellant without a gas escape, will you? And you must think at the propellant shape to get the desired thrust profile over time, first to get enough thrust.

Remember a hand grenade contains about 100g of explosive.