Agents to cause tumorous growth in plants

krellor

I am currently conducting a series of experiments on common chemicals that act on the CNS. As part of my study I wish to test the effects of various agents on the growth of tumorous cells in plants. My question is two part. First, are there any recommendations for a plant species to use? The primarily criteria is that it is a chlorophyll producing plant and that it does not naturally produce any xanthines.

The second part of the question is how to trigger tumorous growth in the plant? I would prefer to use a chemical agent for the trigger, but I suppose I could try irradiating or other methods, although that method may invalidate some of my findings.

If you know of any white papers on subjects that may get me started I would certainly appreciate knowing their source. As always, all help, suggestions, and questions are welcome.

Edit: 12/13/2007

After speaking a biologist who specializes in plant transformation we decided that the best method would be to grow cells on auger, and through the use of hormones create a cell state analogous to tumorous growth.

If anyone is interested in my results of growing the tumorous cells message me and in 6 months I will hopefully be able to provide an update on the success or failure of the cells.

Krellor

If anyone is interested in my results of growing the tumorous cells message me and in 6 months I will hopefully be able to provide an update on the success or failure of the cells.

I'm DEFINITELY interested, but I can't say that I'll recall in six months anything about this thread... unless... you post it on your own in order to share it with US. ;)

Sounds like fun, but I'm not going to set a reminder in my calendar or anything. Good luck, and PLEASE let us know how it goes! :)