Homosexuality Facts

NavajoEverclear

I want to have an informed opinion about it, so what do you all know? My theory is that human behavior is so complicated that series of psychological variations lead to changes in natural feelings, such as homosexuality. It is real, but not inborn. The observations to support my theory : Homosexuality has become more common, society has become more complicated, and homosexuality has been aknowledged as an option. Things are more likely to grow if they are a known option. 2nd is Homosexuality in animals, actually i don't really know (read a few articles but nothin definate). Are there any animals that are SOLELY homosexual. Various circumstances (domestication for example) lead to alternative expression of sex drives on occasion, but is there such thing as an animal that will only attempt to mate with the same gender?

Maybe the reason we don't know yet is because there is ignorance on both sides. Some people persecute homosexuality, and those who oppose say it cant be helped. No matter what persecution is wrong, but I'd still like to know the causes for sure.

Sorry i talked too much. Tell me what you know.

if you ever listen to loveline at night, the first thing that dr drew would say to you is, "you're homosexual? who molested you and how old were you?" most people will deny they have been molested or even raped. i know i have denied it. and i still DO. when things like rape and molestation occur when you're a child, it traumatizes your brain and produces a chemical imbalance. no one is actually BORN into being gay, no one really CHOOSES to be gay, and those who say they CHOSE it...in most cases are lying. I am attracted to me same sex very much so. I've been with a girl before but I don't define myself as bi sexual OR homosexual. I experimented with the same sex. it was fun, but not for me. i have a strong feeling that if i wastn't molested when i was little, i wouldn't even be remotely attracted to the same sex. And as far as homosexuality being helped... don't try. you can't fight feelings that you have inside. and i don't think they have a pill that stops you from being gay, like they have pills for std's and depression...

think about that for a minute.

Just to clear it up, i am happily heterosexual, but i want to decide how i feel about people who are otherwise. I know a lot of people with varrying degrees of homophobia, but i cant believe that there isn't a reason for homosexuality. Why would anyone choose it? So my current belief about it is that it isn't inborn, but the development of it is not a conscious decision. But not always caused be things as terrible as molestation. By the way, sorry that happened to you, i cant imagine.

YT2095 said in post # :

but on a lighter note you said "Are there any animals that are SOLELY homosexual."

there Might have been, but they wouldn`t have lasted long for obvious reasons :)

Just what I was about to say. :)

As I see it homosexuality is a sickness. Heterosexuality is the only healthy option if the specie are to survive.

Having said that, I would like to make it clear that I don't view homosexuals as "lesser" humans or hate / fear them or anything. No one choose to become homosexual. They are human beings, they have a condition that is unhealthy in a manner of speaking, and there are no cure for it. Both heterosexual and homosexual people can function perfectly in our society.

Until a cure comes around, I think homosexuals should be treated no different than heterosexual people.

Cheetah said in post # :

Until a cure comes around, I think homosexuals should be treated no different than heterosexual people.

And then maybe stone them to death if they don't "cure" themselves?

:rolleyes:

You might think you have "moderately liberal views", but I can tell you now that you don't.

I`m sure he wouldn`t "stone them to death" he did say "treat them the same" as you would with normal people.

"Sorry bout what YT? "

to hear of your affliction, it must be an absolutely dreadfull thing to have to deal with :(

If you define homosexuality as a disease since it inhibits reproduction, then I accuse you of the same for using any sexual technique that prevents reproduction. If you think the only acceptable sex is that which results in reproduction; good bye oral sex, condoms, and birth control. If reproduction is not the goal, then it ceases to be a valid argument against homosexuality.

And I have yet to see any scientific study linking abuse/rape as a child to homosexuality; if you can cite a publication by all means do so.

no not at all, but I did get shouted at for being a little less than "Sympathetic" to the homosexual cause, so to clear things up, I`m having pity on you for being "Normal" just to set the record straight (should I have said Straight?) LOL :)

Maybe i'm just bein stupid today but fafalone's response does not quite compute with me either. However i don't care cause i don't think its addressed to me.

Not all abuse cause homosexuality, not all homosexuality is caused by abuse. Rockstar believes it was a factor in his development of it. What do you think causes homosexuality?

By the way how is aids created by homosexuality?

It was addressed to everyone who uses "its unnatural"/"it can't be right because it stops reproduction" as an argument. simply not valid when talking about this species.

It's caused by a number of factors; mainly social, with an interesting biological component thats correlated... the estrogen levels during the first few weeks of development... which incidently is correlated to the length of the index finger in comparison with the length of the ring finger.

Animal models have indicated that androgenic steroids acting before birth might influence the sexual orientation of adult humans. Here we examine the androgen-sensitive pattern of finger lengths, and find evidence that homosexual women are exposed to more prenatal androgen than heterosexual women are; also, men with more than one older brother, who are more likely than first-born males to be homosexual in adulthood, are exposed to more prenatal androgen than eldest sons. Prenatal androgens may therefore influence adult human sexual orientation in both sexes, and a mother's body appears to 'remember' previously carried sons, altering the fetal development of subsequent sons and increasing the likelihood of homosexuality in adulthood.

Nature 404, 455 - 456 (2000); doi:10.1038/35006555 [Full Text]

fafalone said in post # :

the estrogen levels during the first few weeks of development... which incidently is correlated to the length of the index finger in comparison with the length of the ring finger.

it that TRUE? the index/ ring finger thingy?

1`stly what hand? and secondly in what way?

what if both are the same length?

Sayonara³ said in post #7 :

And then maybe stone them to death if they don't "cure" themselves?

:rolleyes:

You might think you have "moderately liberal views", but I can tell you now that you don't.

No, I don't think we should stone them to death. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should be more carefull with my wording next time.

I would certainly wish and argue for homosexuals to take a cure if it is availible, but it's not like I would kill them if they don't. People have the choise to not take a cure if they don't want to, be it broken bones, malaria or homosexuality.

I have never tried to classify my own views, so I won't comment on what you can tell me about them. :P

fafalone said in post #11 :

If you define homosexuality as a disease since it inhibits reproduction, then I accuse you of the same for using any sexual technique that prevents reproduction. If you think the only acceptable sex is that which results in reproduction; good bye oral sex, condoms, and birth control. If reproduction is not the goal, then it ceases to be a valid argument against homosexuality.

I see homosexuality as a disease on the grounds that a homosexual person would not desire or want to make love to the other sex, and thus making it much more unlikely that that person would reproduce.

Of course I base this view in the belief that a homosexual person thinks the same way about sex with the opposite sex as I do in regards to sex with the same sex.

Yes, otherwise the population increasing exponentially to the point of consuming all available resources can't be an option. Completely on track with that idea, what we need is to get everyone to breed more. Possible some sort of enforced population explosion, we could top it off by burning all the food supplies.

Super fun. Stop the malfunction before it saves the human race from self destruction.

YT2095 said in post # :

I agree with Cheetah, it IS a malfunction, and like any other disorder, it would be prudent to take the cure were it to be available.

Language is a malfunction; a mutuated gene 200,000 years ago caused people to be able to develop language skills, we should have wiped out those abominations to nature too.

Cheetah said in post # :

I have never tried to classify my own views, so I won't comment on what you can tell me about them. :P

Perhaps you should consider that the fact you think homosexuality needs to be "cured" speaks volumes about where you stand.

you people sound as if you think homosexuality is completely about sex. What happens when a man marries a woman? Why did he marry her in the first place? For sex?

come on

men can feel love for men just as strongly as they can for women, if not stronger. I can't remember the last time I chose who I wanted to fall in love with :rolleyes: