DC Motors

zakfab

I have just done a bit about DC motors in a lab, and now i have to derive the equation:

E = K(fi)(omega)

E = back emf

K = Z/(2(pi) where z = number of conductors carrying current, I

(fi) = magnetic flux

(omega) = angular velocity of motor (rad/s)

So I have to derive that from Faraday's Law, which I assume means:

E = -N(d(fi)/dt)

N = number of turns of a coil

t = time?

I don't have a clue where to start! Someone pleeese help ASAP!

Sorry i dont understnad your question. I could probably help you find your answer since i work with many electrical engineers and i myself have studied electronics but im not sure what it is your trying to derive.

If you are more detailed i may be able to ask one of the engineers arround here. I would have to make it sound like i know what im talking about so they would think it was for me and not some guy on the internet.

Give me details and i will try to help!

I wish I knew!

The lab was about characteristics of DC motors, comparing torque with armature current/voltage (don't ask me what armature is!) and speed in rads per second.

I have to derive the equation E = K(phi)(omega) using Faraday's Law, which i believe is E = -N(d(phi)/dt)

All the other stuff I wrote was trying to explain what I meant in the equations because I don't know how to do symbols on here.