Free Subscription to Cell

ecoli

Yes, you heard it right. I got this link from another, biochemistry forumhttp://www.cell.com/freesub

You get 26 issues free (I think), and I think you might be able to re-subscribe after that.

edit: I should add, that the more people who sign up, the farther their stock has to stretch, so it's really a limited offer, and you might not get your first free issue right away.

Thanks ecoli, now I am officially a biologist. I'd better update my resume.

lol

Is this what you study ecoli?

I study a secretion pathway of uropathogenic Escherichia coli, the kinds that cause urinary tract infections.

Right now, I'm checking the role of one of the proteins of the secretion systems in the virulence. So I've been making clones for the last four months, so I can test invasion frequencies of the E. coli.

Ps. - thanks for taking an interest.

Wow, that will be helpful to bacteriology because ecoli can spread fairly easily in our modernized world (contaminated meat can spread all over) so it's good to know how it works.

And plus it's more interesting than my project. :P

Plus, statistically, 50% of all women will get at least one urinary tract infection in their lifetime. It's a treatable disease, but I'm sure most women would appreciate better medicine. It's pretty funny actually, but when I tell women (elder women especially) what I'm doing work on, they become really nice to me. lol.

haha well I guess they're happy someone gives a damn.

And as an aside' date=' is it known why it's gender selective; percentage wise women get them more than men?[/quote']

The princible reason is a matter of anatomy. The position of the opening of the urethra is a lot closer to the anus in females then it is in males.