Subliminal Safety Idea

YT2095

answering a question in the "pre-echo" thread, I came upon an interesting idea/invention, allow me to try it out on ya`ll :)

have you ever been driving down a Motorway/highway/Autoban an encountered those rumble strips, like mini speed bumps that vibrate the hell out of your car?

well applying the same principal as used in the grooves of a record, these strips could be lain in such a way so as to not only just vibrate, but give an audible/vocal message as well!

the closer the strips the higher the pitch and furter appart the lower the pitch and so on. a "STAY AWAKE" or "Sharp bend approaching" etc.. message could be embeded into these bumps, a bit like a bar code.

now It wouldn`t suit ALL circumstances sure, wet weather, radio on etc... but if it elliminated say 20% of accidents in a trouble spot, it would be worth it, and wouldn`t cost that much to do with a computer and a strip laying machine :)

Subliminal effects could be used ti mimik brain patterns to stimulate alertness if you didn`t want to go the audio/vocal path.

I III II IIII I III I I IIII II = Eat at Joes :)

any thoughts?

The dampers of the car are your sound filter. This will probably determine the max frequency.

'brain wave' pattern stimulation maybe but it's a dangerous thing to force that to someone certainly because you do not control the 'right' frequency.

some have bad influance.