Viewing the future

reyam200

so far, time travel has bein said impossible. but what about time viewing, seeing an event before it happens. weather by machine or human.

in the movie "paycheck" they said that einstine beleaved that time viewing is possible. i googled it and found nothing good.

is it possible? and is there a universal time?(one that doesn't change when you speed-up)

all opinions welcome.

just don't bite my head off.

so far' date=' time travel has bein said impossible.

[/quote']

That's not true, right now I am traveling forward in time at the rate of 60 seconds per minute. :D

but what about time viewing, seeing an event before it happens. weather by machine or human.

Viewing requires light. Light doesn't travel to us from the future. The only thing we can do as far as "time viewing" is concerned is look into the past, which is indeed what you do every time you look at anything.

The only time viewing I know of, is in our precious minds. We can view the future by just thinking ahead of time, (kind of like, picturing your self doing something before you do it). And thinking back in time by using our memorys. Also, vcr's, dvd recorders ect..ect..record the past. So yes, I believe it to be true.

We are already able to view the future! Think about it, we are traveling forward in time no matter what. There is no way we can stop it. For that reason, it would be impossible to travel forward in time. If we can reach the speed of light, the only thing we can do is travel back, then we will have no way of coming back. Unless you somehow halt yourself to an absolute stop, letting time pass by you, and then re-enter the present time.

-thinking ahead of time is not viewing the future

-can't know everything about a particle ;) woot for heisenburg

-reaching C is impossible, because of strict theoretical limits. unless you want to create a theory that takes into account situations where you can move at the speed of light, its pointless to talk about what would happen at that speed

No not accurately guessed it. I thought about what I was going to do after I read CPL. Lukes message. And I successfully did what I viewed myself doing. If I guessed it

as if I were contemplating it, then It might not have happened at all. If my computer crashed then I would be wrong about my view. Im not saying Im always right.

No you didn't.

You got something that was similar to the future by wieghing up the limited infomation presented to you, that's what a guess is.

If you rolled two dice, and they gave the same result that does not suggest any connection between the two events.

Ya, well thats an educated guess. A (guess) itself has more then just that definition. If I diden't have any information, such as,

If you said to me, "Which direction will the wind blow if your standing on a rock in florida on Beech street 35 years from now and will there be a girl standing on a roof cleaning a chimney?", And you only know the facts. I could answer to you and say, "Well, knowing that I know about direction and that the wind can only blow in one direction, I than can make an educated guess. I would say north.

And If I can't make an educated guess, weather there will be a girl on a roof cleaning a chimney, and you asked me to guess. I can eather say yes or no.

surely logic alone would say NO' date=' as the simple act of viewing it would itself Alter it, and so it would continue in a loop until broken, leaving you right back to where you started of Not Knowing it.

[/quote']

it would alter it partaly, but in order to alter it completely you would have to purposely go stop that event from happining.

if it possible to see a glimse of the future, than time is alot different that we thought. and scientists should study it more, not now of corse, since we don't have the technology to effishently study time. not that i know of anyway.

im not sure about the loop tho. do you mean like time reapeating its self? if so, wouldn't that effect the rest of that timeline?