pesticide

agata860

I am working on microencapsulation of prochloraz. I try to create polyurea or polyamide microcapsules by interfacial polymerization. 

• The organic phase is prochloraz and solvent - Genagen 4166 (dimethylamide based on naturally derived fatty acids) 
  • The water phase is water and polyvinyl alcohol as surfactant.

When I add isocyanate to organic phase, I noticed  gas bubbles. Next, this solusion gets cloudy and solidifies. 

When, I add acid chloride to organic phase, it is the same situation. Solution gets cloudy and solidifies.

I mix this compound in room temperature.

I should add: the isocyanate will I think produce CO2 when reacting with water. The acid chloride I assume would have given off a smokey looking gas as well? Both should have become quite warm. I hope you performed these in a fumehood also. Finally, I would recommend getting some help from someone with chemistry experience wherever you are. It sounds to me like you lack synthetic experience and the ability to properly assess risk. Since you are playing with some rather nasty chemicals, there is a huge potential for things to go badly for you. 

I know that isocyanites and acid chlorides are very reactive and they can hydrolyze in water :D 

But interfacial  polymerization using emulsion oil in water is possible. This is one of microencapsulation method.

When I add MDI isocyanite to water it don't react. This reaction requires a catalyst. So I think that prochloraz can act as a catalyst and I have to change monomers.

But I wonder, can carbonylimidazole group (in prochloraz compound) react with acid chloride, amine, alcohol and isocyanites?