Cancer metastasis processes

beedog

Hey,

I need some urgent help regarding an assignment. We are given 8 processes: Extravasation, Intravasation, Invasion, Angiogenesis, Differentiation, Migration, Transformation, Circulation and we are meant to talk about them. However, I am unsure at the order that these processes occur.

We are meant to start with the cell becoming cancerous at the beginning and end with the formation of an independent tumour mass at a new location. Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the greatest science forum on the entire internet.

I am unsure on what you mean with "migration", since lots of these steps are, in fact, migration ...

If I tell you a tumour most likely will induce angiogenesis in hypoxic circumstances, can you start forming a chronologic order? When will a tumour be hypoxic? When can intravasation take place? What happens between intravasation and extravasation? ...

Edited by Function

Welcome to the greatest science forum on the entire internet.

I am unsure on what you mean with "migration", since lots of these steps are, in fact, migration ...

If I tell you a tumour most likely will induce angiogenesis in hypoxic circumstances, can you start forming a chronologic order? When will a tumour be hypoxic? When can intravasation take place? What happens between intravasation and extravasation? ...

Hello. Thank you for ur response.

The order that I think is: Transformation Differentiation Angiogenesis Invasion Intravasation Circulation Migration Extravasion

In terms of what is migration, the prompt that we have is migration: how cells breach ECM, how cells physically move, how does cellular adhesion change?