Isolation

senna

so my teacher asked us to do a project and the project is we need to isolate a box

our teacher is gonna put 100 celcius hot water in the box and we need to isolate it the thickness is max of 3cm

so my question is what can i use for it preferably an affordable material

You don't say if you are going to experiment with different insulating materials but look at as many packaging materials as you can.

There are lots of types for mechanical safety to try.

I assume your insulation does not have to hold the water, just the bottle or whatever it is in.

Small point but you mean insulation, not isolation that is a different word.

Look them both up.

yes i was thinking about using mineral wool

It's popular because it's cheap, but it takes up space. I don't know the figures, but you might find that a 3cm thickness is not very effective. Use google to see whether there are other cheap materials such as polystyrene which are better insulators. Sheets of this are not expensive.

It's popular because it's cheap, but it takes up space. I don't know the figures, but you might find that a 3cm thickness is not very effective. Use google to see whether there are other cheap materials such as polystyrene which are better insulators. Sheets of this are not expensive.

ty for the help i will use polystyrene