Dark energy..don't expect an answer any time soon

I heard the increase rate of expansion of the universe began 3 Billion years ago. I think the hunt for a single particle as the cause will prove to be fruitless. Until scientists unravel the mysteries of quantum Vacuum Fluctuations and Virtual Particles and Annihilation's I don't see any answers to Dark energy. There is so much going on in space-time and so far its pretty much a mystery.

I am exploring the possibility that Cosmic rays may be accelerating the expansion...My thinking is expansion is everywhere..cosmic rays are everywhere. An extreme-energy cosmic ray (EECR) is an UHECR possess energy exceeding 5×1019 eV about 8 joules. That's a lot of energy. Where these cosmic rays (nucleus of atoms) come from is really unknown. How they would exchange their energy with space-time is also unknown...any thoughts?

Edited by Quantum321

!

Moderator Note

Speculation belongs in the speculations section — most things with "I think" or "my view" fall into that category.

But these should not be combined with questions about mainstream physics. One topic per thread. So decide what you wish to discuss, and try again.