I need some help quick...

I copied Server 2003 over Windows XP on the same volume, now that I've been to a couple of places looking for a solution they say not to install an OS on a volume with an existing OS.

now how do I uninstall Windows Server 2003?

I want to re-install my Windows XP SP-2 CD. Server 2003 has restrictions on installing an OS previous in version.

I cannot format the drive through "Start>Run...>Command.com" then inputting the command "format c: /fs:fat32" then saying Y as in yes to formatting, then it says "format cannot run because volume is in use by another process................................would you like to force a dismount on this volume?"

Then I input Y for yes and it says "ACCESS DENIED"

I've tried to give the administrator all privledges but that won't work, I might be doing it wrong.

I can't restart in MS-DOS mode because it is not supported by Windows Server 2003 I suppose. I can't run a start up disk at all from boot.

If I let Windows Server 2003's evaluation time expire, will that allow me to uninstall Windows Server 2003 or redirect me to the DOS prompt because of expiration? I don't know what it will do, please if you can please provide me with a solution. Should I Let the evaluation expire or tell me how to format or how to uninstall Windows Server 2003.

hmm... I'll look up how to create a XP start up disk then. I don't know if the disk will be compatable with the Windows Server 2003 integration. :/ But why not try...

*EDIT*: All right I figured it out! Windows CD's couldn't boot because IDE-0 was set first to boot in the Pre-boot Advanced Menu (or something like that, accessed by holding 'DEL' after turning on the computer) So I switched the first choice from IDE-0 to CDROM with the Page Up or Page Down key, then I saved the setting and now I'm able to boot my Windows CD... thank goodness... My computer has 3 boot sectors(?) and all of them should operate even if IDE-0 is first. eh... who cares, I got it to work! :-D