Brain Plasticity Postpubescently

I was reading a Scientific American magazine yesterday on the brain differences between men and women. One of the differences was in the size of the amlygada, men's are larger than women's. Yet, they said schizophrenics had sizes of the amylgada that were contradictory to most of their findings. So, this made me question if schizophrenia can be acquired or if you are born with it? If it is acquired, does this mean that the sizes of certain areas in the brain can change, whether voluntarily or involuntarily?

My understanding of causes of increased risk of schizophrenia was that if you had a family history you have increased chance of getting it but it also depends apon environment if it comes about. Does this mean that the brain sizes change, I dont know???? Any experts???

yeah, the article said that people who had schizophrenia had larger or smaller amylgadas (depending on gender). So i wanted to know if that meant their amygada size had changed or if it was like that at birth, which would show a sign of future schizophrenia? And i'm asking this question for a stupid reason, it's because i think one part of my brain is enlarged, but i don't have any sickness.