Neurological Alterations

Kylonicus

I have done a significant amount of research into neural regeneration, and hypothetically it can(and I will) be abused to increase one's intelligence.

If you combined an antibody against NOGO-A, with melatonin, and progesterone, it should induce neurogenesis, while at the same time allowing neural integration of the neurons.

I am not getting into the mechanics at this time, due to the fact it's a specialized field, most people really wouldn't want to waste their time with sifting through the technicalities, I will post how these three compounds induce adult neurogenesis, if it is requested.

Would it be ethical to use neural regeneration to alter ones intelligence to lets say... for lack of a better measure an IQ of 195?

Or to make yourself extremely creative in one area or another?

Or to make yourself have a perfect personality so that you can drive yourself to be an executive and what not.

Are there any ethical problems?

• 2 weeks later...

I've found than whenever you find some way to make someone "unnaturally" smarter, stronger, faster, etc. etc. It can be viewed as unethical. Some people seem to make it there lifes work you prove that something is unethical and I'm sure anything can really be labeled as such. Probibly not the answer you were looking for, but thats my opinion (I've had some issues in debate with this whole whats ethical thing.)

It's unethical to mess with peoiple's brains when you don't really know what you're doing. If anybody was going to mess with my brain, I would not want it to be somebody who assumes a linear relationship between number neurones and IQ.