The Elite Population Transfer

Kylonicus

There are many people in third, and second world countries who have tremendous intellectual, creative, emotional, and genetic potential. I believe that where they are waste their potential, hurting both them, and the whole world community. That is why I believe we should begin testing for the qualities which we would like in our civilization, and begin transporting(with some compensation to the home country of course) the individuals into an environment where their potential can be used. This already occurs to some extent with foreign exchange students, but I believe that if we were more proactive it would help both the country recieving the high potential individuals, and the home country from which they came.

Like the Mexicans, they would get jobs here, develop their potential, make alot of money, and send alot of money home to their families.

It would also increase the amount of cultural exchange, allowing global integration to occur faster, due to the fact that many of these highly intelligent, capable individuals would come here, and have to meet individuals of other cultures, forcing them to learn how to tolerate each other.

Also, by doing this, many of these individuals(but probably not the majority) would go back to their home countries to become leaders, and in which case their perception of the world would be heavily influenced by the concepts of the host country that they had visited for their education.

I believe this would benefit everyone, and I think we need to be aggressively proactive. The only problem I can see would be hostility among the native population of the host country(especially amongst intellectuals, which would be the ones suffering the greatest competition) against the incoming peoples, which could create a negative perception of the host country in the eyes of the selected immigrants.

What do you think?

There are many people in third' date=' and second world countries who have tremendous intellectual, creative, emotional, and genetic potential. I believe that where they are waste their potential, hurting both them, and the whole world community. That is why I believe we should begin testing for the qualities which we would like in our civilization, and begin transporting(with some compensation to the home country of course) the individuals into an environment where their potential can be used. This already occurs to some extent with foreign exchange students, but I believe that if we were more proactive it would help both the country recieving the high potential individuals, and the home country from which they came.

Like the Mexicans, they would get jobs here, develop their potential, make alot of money, and send alot of money home to their families.

It would also increase the amount of cultural exchange, allowing global integration to occur faster, due to the fact that many of these highly intelligent, capable individuals would come here, and have to meet individuals of other cultures, forcing them to learn how to tolerate each other.

Also, by doing this, many of these individuals(but probably not the majority) would go back to their home countries to become leaders, and in which case their perception of the world would be heavily influenced by the concepts of the host country that they had visited for their education.

I believe this would benefit everyone, and I think we need to be aggressively proactive. The only problem I can see would be hostility among the native population of the host country(especially amongst intellectuals, which would be the ones suffering the greatest competition) against the incoming peoples, which could create a negative perception of the host country in the eyes of the selected immigrants.

What do you think?[/quote']

I think you may be on to something, if I take what you say to mean that there could be an optimal distributive system for intellectual resource. Meaning that if we give the means to those who can harness the greatest amount of benefit from them, the world as whole would benefit.

This would relate to the economic principle of profit-maximization, except we would do it on a global scale, the entire world being a single intellectual industry of a sort.

The obvious problem we would have is that a great number of people who reside within the nation of resource but who have limited harnessing power would have to sacrifice their own resource to foreigners with the greater harnessing power in order to achieve the greater return for the whole. Getting these people to cooperate would be the obstacle with no practical solution.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Do you think China' date=' India, and many other countries will let their people come here?! Especially when they are poised to become the next superpowers?

God, that's an awesome joke.[/quote']

Actually, sometimes I would think they would.

Is it just me, or does it appear that there are a slight disproportionately large number of asian doctors?

I was thinking that since many people live in poor and often corrupt countries, we could simply bribe the countries into giving us the intellectual resources.

Many people in those countries can't possible benefit those countries due to the fact there are not enough jobs, and more likely than not, the people who go from their home countries, get jobs in a first world country, would be likely to want to send money back and help out their own home country.

By doing this it would drastically increase the amount of money in the poorer countries, but due to the fact of decreased intellectual labor cost, it would increase the production of new technologies and what not in the richer country.

Both countries benefit, like in other forms of trade, trading one resource for another. Money for brains.

I was thinking that since many people live in poor and often corrupt countries, we could simply bribe the countries into giving us the intellectual resources [...'] Both countries benefit, like in other forms of trade, trading one resource for another. Money for brains.

I like that. Are you by chance a business major? Because you think like one.

An obvious [hindrance for people to come to richer countries to make them even richer'] one would be immigration laws. But also poverty and a language barrier.

You almost got my point which is that the "problem" is not that people aren´t allowed to leave their countries.

No, I am currently a high school student, however my father is a business major.

I would like to get into biomedical research actually, cure some diseases.

I believe I already have found a treatment for cancer, through selective upregulation of upregulated genes in cancer, and selective downregulation of downregulated genes in cancer. This in turn induces selective toxicity in cancer cells because if you have too much of one protein that is vital for functioning, or too little, it can cause cell death. A good example of this is valproic acid, which is a GSK-3 beta inhibitor, which kills cancer cells that mutate along a certain path of various genes. Downregulation could probably be induced through the use of antibodies. I am sure however, that others have probably also come across this same idea, and are working on it currently.

Oops, getting off topic

The problem with the idea is the misconception that there aren't any positions intelligent people can fill in poor countries. They still have doctors and scientists, with hospitals and labs. These aren't Johns Hopkins, but they are better than nothing. The benefit that some money sent back home will be heavily outweighed by the fact they are losing their talented people. There's not much point having money if you don't have people to pay.

What emmigration laws do you speak of Flareon? Aren´t you allowed to move to any country you want? How does your goverment ensure that you don´t go there?

Ask Kim Jong Il. He threatens defectors with death.

You should be smart enough to know what I mean.

I answered your question, "What emmigration laws do you speak of Flareon? Aren´t you allowed to move to any country you want? How does your goverment ensure that you don´t go there?"

If I'm missing something, please inform me. If anyone else gets what Athiest is implying, then please inform me, also.

I´m implying that picking one country that has restrictive emmigration laws won´t make this the real problem. Afaik, china and india (which you originally mentioned) don´t have restrictive emmigration laws (at least the sheer number of chinese students running around my campus makes me assume this). And to nitpick a bit: You didn´t really answer my question. Your ... well let´s call it "western attitude" ... makes me doubt that you are really from North Korea.

I´m implying that picking one country that has restrictive emmigration laws won´t make this the real problem. Afaik, china and india (which you originally mentioned) don´t have restrictive emmigration laws (at least the sheer number of chinese students running around my campus makes me assume this). And to nitpick a bit: You didn´t really answer my question. Your ... well let´s call it "western attitude" ... makes me doubt that you are really from North Korea.

Hmm, that's funny, I don't remember claiming to be from N Korea... ;)

You are confusing my posts with Redalert's which said, "Do you think China, India, and many other countries will let their people come here?! Especially when they are poised to become the next superpowers?"

as you could obviously see that I mildly disagreed with that statement by saying,"Actually, sometimes I would think they would."

Please reread the entire page and then let me know if that clears it up.

Hmm, that's funny, I don't remember claiming to be from N Korea... ;)

Well, I asked how your country assures you´re not moving away and your answer was that Kim Jong Il threatens his people with death :eek:. And yes: I know that your answer was to the first of my questions, that´s why I called it nitpicking (because when my 1st question is aimed at world´s countries in general and the last one on a specific one and you answer by picking a specific one ... well ... :D ).

You are confusing my posts with Redalert's which said, "Do you think China, India, and many other countries will let their people come here?! Especially when they are poised to become the next superpowers?"

Indeed, I got that messed up. Sry for the trouble I might have caused by that.

Please reread the entire page and then let me know if that clears it up.
It does, yes. My objection that countries not allowing their people to emmigrate aren´t the point still remains.

There are many people in third, and second world countries who have tremendous intellectual, creative, emotional, and genetic potential. I believe that where they are waste their potential...the individuals into an environment where their potential can be used...

How are they wasting their potential? Why can't they use their potential in their own countries? Its not like the only people who can use their intellectual skills live in the western industrialized countries.