Brain scan optimized

fredreload

So I'm looking for a way to scan brain tissue at a molecular level, one where you can see not only neurons but individual synapses and observe nerve signal firing. Through my research I found out that the most powerful MRI is able to get to a resolution of 1000 neurons with increased magnetic field and radio signals. As you know only radio signal or tetrahertz signal wavelength is able to penetrate the skin. The other possible solution I found is by injecting a virus that carries the gene for creating solar roof panel like light sensitive protein on the neuronal cell and observe the electromagnetic pulse. Of course you need to be looking inside the brain to capture this light. So I've thought of another idea being the potassium MRI scan which observes the potassium ions inside the brain, again the resolution is still not high enough on the molecular level, and of course it requires a magnetic field too which might cause discomfort. There is another method that I found which is through attosecond laser spectroscopy, but I'm not sure how detailed that would get, and the level of discomfort, keep in mind that we want to be alive with minimum discomfort when doing the scanning, that would help a lot of dreamers. So with these ideas in mind I want to know if there is a more optimized way of scanning the brain with molecular detail without causing too much discomfort. If any research is being done toward this area let me know as well, thanks!