PLEASE! I need help fast!

Guest bigbadfroggy

Guest bigbadfroggy

Please help! I need to know how you can use the periodic table to make predictions of the soluabilities of compounds of groups1 and 2 ... and also 16 adn 17. mainly magnesium carbonate, sodium carbonate, potassium carbonate, and calcium carbonate... and also copper (II) oxide, copper (II) chloride, copper (II) bromide, and copper (II) sulfide. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Guest bigbadfroggy

solvent as in what its being mixed with? because if thats it.. its just being mixed with water :) thanks for the reply either way/

"Please help! I need to know how you can use the periodic table to make predictions of the soluabilities of compounds of groups1 and 2 ... and also 16 adn 17. mainly magnesium carbonate, sodium carbonate, potassium carbonate, and calcium carbonate... and also copper (II) oxide, copper (II) chloride, copper (II) bromide, and copper (II) sulfide. PLEASE HELP! "

MgCO3 shouldnt be particualrly soluble, as carbonates tend to not be very soluble. Na2CO3 should be soluble just because of the Na+. same goes for K2CO3. CaCO3 should be mostly insol because it's a group 2 carbonate. cupric oxide should form the insoluble hydroxide. cupric chloride and bromide should be slightly soluble. cupric sulfide shouldnt be soluble.