Research: Early Universe Was Liquid-Like

When I read the title my initial reaction was "that makes a lot of sense", thinking in terms of vortices, irregularities of the background radiation, and galaxy and galaxy cluster formation.......... But they meant really early. I was thinking minutes, they are addressing the first microseconds. Interesting link.

Hi Ophiolite as you are a geologist I was thinking about the planet we inhabit & here is a question....do you think our own world, & pherhaps other planets too; could be expanding? The reason I ask is about our planet in particular in it's ancient history the land mass was all but one, then over a long period of time the land mass drifted to become various countries...which makes me think our planet is swelling like a balloon.

If you pasted paper onto a balloon representing basic landmass then blew the balloon to an appreciable size the effect is quite remarkable drifting continents...( 'IN PAPER')

But I thought; ahh, maybe that is what is happening in reality to our planet & others in our galaxy; as yet I have no proof that this is indeed happening, that is why I'm asking you Ophiolite before this idea is dismissed as highly unlikely do you think this could be possible?...us.2u

Well, us.2u, this is rather off topic, but your idea isn't so crazy. The expanding Earth theory was proposed to explain the contrast between oceanic and continental crust, and the obvious fit of the Americas with Europe/Africa. [i have a Structural Geology text book published in the early 1960's that still mentions the idea.] However, the advent of plate tectonics demolished that and all the other competing theories, since it explained so much, so very effectively. So good thinking: another fine idea destroyed by facts.

Now if we could return to the liquid Universe.