Need a good Biochemistry/Molecular biology lab book

I'll be doing some research soon, and I'm in need of a REALLY good book that covers Biochemical and Molecular Biology techniqeus practices and interpretation of data. I've look around online a bit and am having lots of trouble deciding or finding lots of books that contain almost what I need but not enough.

So anyone have any recomendations of a good one? :cool: I'd really like an oppinion before I decided to spend anymore money on books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to answer my own question I found a couple of good books.

At the Bench: A Laboratory Navigator, Updated Edition From CSHL press is a good place to start

Short Protocols in Molecular Biology is also supposed to be good though I haven't had a look at it yet.

There is also a three volume set called "Molecular Cloning: A laboratory Manule" which is also good, but way to expensive for me right now. Maybe some day when I'm done grad school I'll buy them as a present for myself.

Yes you should definately finely tune your own protocols, but having a book handy to quicly reference something new from can be invaluble. Plus books just feel so much nicer.

Actually, I'm luckily in the position of having a password to the medical college library of the university that stole so many thousands of dollars from me as an undergrad. If you really, really promise not to disseminate the password, I'll email it to you - and that should give you access to Current Protocols in Molecular Biology.

There is also a three volume set called "Molecular Cloning: A laboratory Manule" which is also good, but way to expensive for me right now. Maybe some day when I'm done grad school I'll buy them as a present for myself.

Sambrook et al? Tha best and the reference in every lab I've worked in. That is, if you're mostly working with DNA...

Or you can just go to protocol-online.com