Quick latex question

Johnny5

How do you write the logical symbol for 'not' using latex. The symbol looks like the letter L, only sideways.

Thank you

And another question. What is the proper symbolic way to refer to the angle between a and b?

I know that the following...

[math] \angle \alpha [/math]

will be read as "angle alpha"

and I know that the following...

[math] \angle ABC [/math]

Indicates that there are three points in a figure, labeled A,B,C, and that the vertex of the angle is the point B.

But what is the best way, or proper way, to discuss the angle between a, and b.

In other words, I've been writing this...

[math] \vec A \bullet \vec B \equiv |\vec A| |\vec B| cos(\vec A ,\vec B) [/math]

And I expect it to be read as

"... cosine of the angle between vector A, and vector B." Is there a better way to symbolically refer to the angle between two vectors?

In regards to your other question; the proper way of doing it, I suppose, is to say:

"[math] \vec A \bullet \vec B \equiv |\vec A| |\vec B| cos(\theta) [/math], where [math]\theta[/math] is the angle between vectors A and B."

However, your shorthand appears to be okay to me.

In regards to your other question; the proper way of doing it' date=' I suppose, is to say:

"[math'] \vec A \bullet \vec B \equiv |\vec A| |\vec B| cos(\theta) [/math], where [math]\theta[/math] is the angle between vectors A and B."

However, your shorthand appears to be okay to me.

Ok cool.

How do you make the logical symbol for 'AND'?

It looks like ^ only bigger.