whats the difference in an atmosphere and winds?

It states in a book that I am redaing the Jupiters winds flow in a particular direction. But at the end of it there is a question (in which direction does Jupiters atmosphere flow?) is there a real difference or are they both the same?

Thanks.

Technically it may be useful to make a distinction between winds and gross atmospheric motion. Jupiter's winds move in every direction: consider, for example, the Great Red Spot, which is a giant vortex. However, the atmosphere, on average moves from East to West.

From a scientific perspective, I think that atmosphere refers to the bulk of gaseous molecules that surrounds the planet. Although Jupiter's case is a very unusual one... I heard that the entire planet is one big giant gas ball. In the case of Earth for a simple example, the atmosphere moves with the surface of the Earth. If it didn't you would be experiencing winds of up to 3000 km/hour blasting you all day as you (on the surface) move through the atmosphere. Winds usually mean small "local" disturbances in the atmosphere. Even something the size of a hurricane can be considered local, although it may affect millions of people across countries. In Jupiters case, I would think the atmosphere is moving with the rotation of the planet, since we observe the planet as spinning, I guess that is its atmosphere in motion.