Food nutrition of human

Primarygun

Protein foods also supply energy to the body. If the person eats a lot of protein foods, the body uses the energy in the protein foods instead of using stored fat in the body.

Is this statement correct? I'd think our bodies will use protein as source of energy only when we are in a state of starvation. Protein taken should be converted into amino acids first and then used to synthesize usable protein and excess are excreted.

fat is our bodies energy piggy-bank, and is only used for energy when absolutely nessessary. if protien is eaten, then it will be broken up into amino acids to be used to synthesyse protiens. any exess amino acids are converted into sugar and shoved somewhere into the glycolytic pathway, so that we may derive energy from them -- why waste them by excreting them, and then deplete our fat reserves?

of course, this only applys to eaten protien vs stored fat. if we stop eating then our bodys fat is converted into energy before our bodys protien is; and i would assume that eaten fat is turned into energy before eaten protien is, as it yields more energy and doesnt require all that faffing about converting-it-into-sugar buisnes, but then i guess your body might want to go ahead and catabolise the protien for energy, and sequester the fat for later on.

sorry dude, im not going to do your homework for you.

youll be able to use my last post as a frame for your answre, and it shouldnt be too hard to find all the related information in books/google.

sorry if that sounds bitchy, but if i just give you the answre you wont learn anything and itll also be pretty obviouse if your tutor talks to u about it that you didnt actually do the work yourself.

also i cant remember and cant be bothered to look it up :D

Well, as i see it, he is only doing research, and as such he will just read the same statement elsewhere.

Proteins are broken down into carbs when there is no fat left in the body at all, so if u live on egg white for a week, the body will burn fat off first.

Protein is inefficent to metabolise, and so is not the bodies preferred method of repsiration.

However protien contains C H and O and therefore can be used to be broken down into ATP at some stage.