Evolution Fuels Racism

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't want get people here all emotional, but I do believe that humans evolved from the great apes of Africa.

And if you believe that then as I do, you would see "blacks" place in the human evolutionary chain.

I believe they wind up posting unsubstantiated crap on Science Forums.

I'm to late, someone has already become too emotional.

You see the more testosterone that a person has the greater the chance is for violent behaviour. This explains much of why men are more violent then women.

The point about you being "politically correct" is that I have pointed out some of the differences between the different races of people, you know that these differences are true, you just don't like what they are.

That's not what I said. In fact I wouldn't believe racism is such a "deviant strategy" if genetical differences among group didn't exist. I just accept the fact that diversity is greater within groups than between groups.

Well I don't want get people here all emotional

In my case it's not that I have personnal issue with "races", it's just that I don't like seeing evolutionary biology, genetics and sociobiology being dragged down by pseudoscientifics ideologies.

And if you believe that then as I do, you would see "blacks" place in the human evolutionary chain.

I believe in evolution. I study evolution. And I believe you have a problematic conception of evolution. "Less evolved" has no sence in evolution, gorillas and other great apes aren't less evolved than us, we share a common ancestor.

So who cares how or why blacks have higher testosterone levels?, the point is that they do.

I care, because it's maybe not the fact that they are black... It was proven that people from the North (like me) have generally an higher IQ than people near the equators. Because of many environmental factors... The fact is, it's not in there genes, it's not "biological" in the traditional sence, it's environmental. You can prove blacks have a lower average IQ, they do, however when you eliminate the environmental factor, they have the same I.Q. So it's not because they are blacks. When you say "blacks have higher testosterone", it imply it's because they are blacks while we don't know if it's really in their genes or it's because of other factors...

but it is obvious that is the direction that the different races are and were heading

Obvious to you, but not to me. In fact I cannot think of any reason to believe that, as many of us aren't afraid to prove we aren't different species, divergence isn't probable, nor beneficial to anyone anyway...

I'm to late' date=' someone has already become too emotional.

[/quote']You consider humour laced with irony to be an unwelcome emotion then?

As Phil has pointed out, you have an erroneous 19th century perception of race; a flawed understanding of evolutionary processes; and a false conception of man's origin. These deficiencies don't so much weaken your argument as demolish it.

• 3 weeks later...

Racism, homophobia, and most bullying in fact is the result of an instinctive threat response. It is nothing more than uncivilized, animalistic behavior. The only thing it has to do with evolution is that people that pracitice hate as a norm are probably less evolved than those who do not.