Space Ends

zazzzoom

sure' date=' but they never bothered to actually measure to see if the earth was round. We have measured to see if the universe is flat or not.

but, you seem to be convinced your right. This is not any form of debate, its just you stating your oppinion without backing it up.[/quote']

the universe is all matter energy time and space

just from looking one can view stars in every direction from earth therefore the universe is not flat, i know its hard for you but you must include all time (all the past present and future) in a proper definition of the universe not just the matter and energy and space, all time (all the past present and future) must be included

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure' date=' but they never bothered to actually measure to see if the earth was round. We have measured to see if the universe is flat or not.

but, you seem to be convinced your right. This is not any form of debate, its just you stating your oppinion without backing it up.[/quote']

through-out all the past it has been asserted that space is infinite without any evidence and that is evidence that is wrong. just like when the world was thought to be flat it was thought the world was infinitly large

the evidence for an infinit univers is that its flat....

I think whats happening is that you think tht physicists actually believe we are in a 2 dimensional plain. What they mean when they say that the universe is flat is that it doesn't curve back in on itself.

I'm not sure how I can really explain this (my fault) but I would suggest you read about GR. If you do that you will probably see what it is were talking about when we say the universe is infinit.

so that being said, that picture I showed you was a map of space in all directions, and because the speed of light is not constant you can say that that picture includes all time as well because it shows every possible bit of matter that could effect us and when it would have to be doing something to effect us.

for more information on that paragraph go look up light cones.

EDIT: by GR I mean general relativity

I believe space does have a shape, however, this is such a deep topic, and I will admit that it doesn't end. I won't disprove the idea that there may be a void in which einstein thought was a place that existed without time. However such a place would be on the other side of space, something we can't touch because space doesn't end. However, the farther we go out into space, the more it extends. It's like that part in super mario 64 where you're walking up bowser's stairs but yet you can't get up the stair's unless you've accomplished enough stars or something. Space has that kind of effect. It takes a shape, but that shape always extend. Like a bubble is how i assume it to be. Outside of the bubble is a void.

I believe space does have a shape, however, this is such a deep topic, and I will admit that it doesn't end. I won't disprove the idea that there may be a void in which einstein thought was a place that existed without time. However such a place would be on the other side of space, something we can't touch because space doesn't end. However, the farther we go out into space, the more it extends. It's like that part in super mario 64 where you're walking up bowser's stairs but yet you can't get up the stair's unless you've accomplished enough stars or something. Space has that kind of effect. It takes a shape, but that shape always extend. Like a bubble is how i assume it to be. Outside of the bubble is a void.

you jump on both sides of the fence

either space is infinite and has no shape it just goes on forever

or space ends then it has a shape

either or but not both

Everything is consciousness. Space and time are illusions. Outside of these lower dimensions they are essentially nonexistent.

your joking right.

you jump on both sides of the fence

either space is infinite and has no shape it just goes on forever

or space ends then it has a shape

either or but not both

^agreed.

your joking right.

^agreed.

get away from the past space is infinite

come to the future space ends and has a shape and that shape moves from one shape to another shape, that way you can understand all time (past present and future) by understanding the movement of the shape of space

Some people look for material evidence to everything. What sort of material proof is there that time exists?

That is what faith is about, we have faith that time exists and we are not artificially being fed some sort of momentary data that pretends everything in the past had actually occurred, and although we think it is real it is really just an illusion.

Indeed, therefore to prove that higher states of being (higher dimensions) exist, you're going to have to prove it for yourself by not being lazy. Meditation is a good tool, but I cannot force you to believe my consciousness is real, that anything apart from you exists, etc. I believe in the fifth dimension, and I become it.

Everything is consciousness. Space and time are illusions. Outside of these lower dimensions they are essentially nonexistent.
then come up with some evidence for it.

Some variants of the Strong Anthropic Principle contend that Universe can only exist because it is observed. Consciousness is implicit in the act of observation, Thus ChristSlave's contention that 'space and time are illusions' is arguably simply an alternative way of saying that if they are reality, they are only reality through being observed.

As to evidence, the apparent requirement for observation to precede the collapse of a waveform might well fit this request. (Come here, kitty, kitty.)

I honestly never had a problem with the whole observation phenonmena in quantum mechanics, I just see it as the particle interacted with something and the wave function collapsed. as evidenced by the attempt to disrupt it by not recording the observation.

now christ slave I believe that you are a real person, now if somehow there is a fancy dimension that you "become" what does this allow you to do, does it allow you to see more than yourself, if so than telll me what is sitting next to my computer (I'll promise to not move anything there). also if this is the case give me specifics like a book title.

If your just saying that this "5th" dimention is more of something that allows you to see yourself better, that is just you thinking about yourself, its not a higher dimension

if your claiming that it is a higher dimension that allows you to meet god or something like that I would say that you should rephrase that statement to "and I become high"

I also recommend this thread gets moved to pseudoscience

Some variants of the Strong Anthropic Principle contend that Universe can only exist because it is observed. Consciousness is implicit in the act of observation' date=' Thus ChristSlave's contention that 'space and time are illusions' is arguably simply an alternative way of saying that if they are reality, they are only reality through being observed.

As to evidence, the apparent requirement for observation to precede the collapse of a waveform might well fit this request. (Come here, kitty, kitty.)[/quote']

thats really very silly, i could go on but i don't want to waste my time

thats really very silly, i could go on but i don't want to waste my time

May I assume then, that your post was simply intended to satisfy the subconscious urges of you testosterone level?

Would you care to identify and document what you found especially silly?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Some variants of the Strong Anthropic Principle contend that Universe can only exist because it is observed. Consciousness is implicit in the act of observation' date=' Thus ChristSlave's contention that 'space and time are illusions' is arguably simply an alternative way of saying that if they are reality, they are only reality through being observed.

As to evidence, the apparent requirement for observation to precede the collapse of a waveform might well fit this request. (Come here, kitty, kitty.)[/quote']Thank you, Ophiolite :)

now christ slave I believe that you are a real person, now if somehow there is a fancy dimension that you "become" what does this allow you to do, does it allow you to see more than yourself, if so than telll me what is sitting next to my computer (I'll promise to not move anything there). also if this is the case give me specifics like a book title.
Unfortunately it's been proven time and time again that people who perform miracles are inevitably wasting manifested energy, therefore it is better to awaken people with consciousness/understanding than some sort of circus-stunt whereby the psychic focuses on material objects.

I am the object sitting next to your computer, I am the cure, the life, the light, the way, and the truth. Would you rather believe in me, or in yourself?

So then will you only look for peace if you can linger around like an earthbound ghost and pointing out objects on desks? Is that when you will learn to be the truth and find the truth for yourself?

If your just saying that this "5th" dimention is more of something that allows you to see yourself better, that is just you thinking about yourself, its not a higher dimension
All I have is myself. Is not my testimony, or, all testimony in textbooks recording third and fourth dimensional information from someone else's consciousness? Some people, like animals, do not comprehend.

It is not my ability to force someone to understand. If you will not take my testimony about my experiences before you'll choose to experience them yourself, to reach for them, before you believe you are equally deserving to find the life for yourself, then why will you take a textbook's words for truth from another person's own being?

Can a dog comprehend what it means to be as wise as a human? No, only when you become it can you know for sure, and that is evolution. Will you choose to evolve? There is no material proof to prove my consciousness to you, there is no material proof to prove to a monkey or a dog that another being thinks, it is something you must have faith in.

If I am telling you something you can be and have for yourself, then why are you doubting? Why are you arguing? Evolution comes only by choice, and that's the "secret" to life. Will you reach for a higher understanding? No one can make you at peace but yourself, nor can anyone take your peace or do anything to you. No one can force you or me or anyone to do anything else. All people are their own, and in that own we are one, and if you won't believe it and experience it from someone who knows and is no longer afraid, then at least look for yourself, if you will.

[qupte]if your claiming that it is a higher dimension that allows you to meet god or something like that I would say that you should rephrase that statement to "and I become high"We are God, and you can discover for yourself your true origin, that you are a piece of God, that all things are God, that all things are unified. But only if you are willing to see beyond your present consciousness. It is work, yes, but all choices are work. So many people invest time in choosing to NOT do something and if they'd choose to do something, it'd make their life a lot easier, because the energy of not doing something is not lost or gained, it's simply channeled and you try something better.

Don't get too carried away. I am not necessarily agreeing with you: I am simply pointing out that one interpretation of what you are saying is not necessarily at odds with some scientific thinking. There are enough caveats in that to allow me to violently disagree with you in future, which would be a more normal state of affairs.:)

In a book i was reading, the author stated that one of the biggest things that knowing the amount of matter in the universe would tells us is how it is shaped. If the constant that showed us this was less than one, it would be a saddle shape, while if it was equal it would be flat, and if it was more than one it would be a sphere. Though I hope not to be associated with the late zazzzom, I am curious what "shaped" means in this context. If you all would like, i can go find the exact quote, but that was the general idea.

Also, wasn't the Anthropic Principle "created", not so much that the universe exists because it can be observed, but to put to counter the idea that it was so unlikely that the universe would come around in this way. The whole "a slight shift in a atom's weight would cause the big bang not to have happened, or the general 'consitancy' of the universe would render our life not possible" was countered by the idea that, had it happened, we wouldn't be here talking about it. This was my idea of it, put in perhaps not the most eloquent way.

Anjruu, your reading of the SAP is reasonably accurate. My cheeky extension to include a variant of the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics was as much to see if anyone was paying attention as anything else. That said, Barrow and Tipler in their classic though controversial "The Anthropic Cosmological Principle" published in 1986, do if I recall, explore the same thinking. It is a decade since I read it, so I may be misremembering.

Don't get too carried away. I am not necessarily agreeing with you: I am simply pointing out that one interpretation of what you are saying is not necessarily at odds with some scientific thinking. There are enough caveats[/i'] in that to allow me to violently disagree with you in future, which would be a more normal state of affairs.:)
Violently? I wouldn't get carried away, anyway. But I hope you, yourself, will continue to not look for friendship and loyalty in the world, even as I do. I am not looking for you to agree with me, but you posted helpful things.

There is always potential to disagree.

SPACE ENDS

Space ends' date=' space does not go on forever and ever it ends.

The difference between space ending or not ending is if space does not end then space does not have a shape but once you understand that space ends then space can take a shape and that shape can move from one shape to another shape.

Yes space ends and moves.[/quote']

The Universe

• 3 weeks later...
SPACE ENDS

Space ends' date=' space does not go on forever and ever it ends.

The difference between space ending or not ending is if space does not end then space does not have a shape but once you understand that space ends then space can take a shape and that shape can move from one shape to another shape.

Yes space ends and moves.[/quote']

very interesting

I think the history of this thread shows that all who have posted that nonsense have been banned :/

please look at the things they did before posting if your not just anouther bot that the universe has to come an post here

mods should check to see if da world is the same as the universe.