some beautiful pictures

syntax252

Yes, that is much more compatible with other browsers......

Every time I see these pictures, I am awed by the dimensions of space. It is truely humbling to contemplate. I saw one nebula that looked like a big stump with some hair-like protrusions comming out of it and the caption said that a little dot on the end of one of those protrusions was about the size of our solar system. :eek:

I feel the same way. It's kindof like being a kid, and someone telling you the cloud above you is the size of the entire city. But these clouds are red and blue, and it takes years for light to pass from one side to the other, and longer to you.

the similarities between the macro and the micro are quite remarkable, almost as if the universe were like some huge fractal.

I think what I find astonishing is that when you watch programs like Star Trek and the likes, and see some of their special effects and think No WAY!

and then you see these REAL pictures, these special effect pale in comparison.