ways to keep fit,Aerobic respiration

Primarygun

Which activity would you choose in order to burn aways your fat in your body?100m or jogging?

Experts said that jogging is better as it helps us take in more oxygen than usual to break down carbohydrates and then a little fat.

Why doesn't 100 have the same effect? Moreover, it can help you release extra energy in a short time to support your vigorous activity. In other words, it helps you break down more carbohydrates. Am I righT?

Which activity would you choose in order to burn aways your fat in your body?100m or jogging?

Experts said that jogging is better as it helps us take in more oxygen than usual to break down carbohydrates and then a little fat.

Why doesn't 100 have the same effect? Moreover' date=' it can help you release extra energy in a short time to support your vigorous activity. In other words, it helps you break down more carbohydrates. Am I righT?[/quote']

I have been involved in aerobic exercize for 25 years, since I was 43 years old.

I first got into jogging and over a period of 2-3 years got my milage up to 52 miles pr. wk. I did that for about 15 years. Then I got into bicycling and I was biking 125 miles pr. wk. For a while, I was a biker and a swimmer, but I hate swimming because I have to fight to keep my head above water.

Lately, I have reduced my program to a 30 minuet jogging sessions followed by a 30 munuet biking session followed by 30 minuets of weights, 4 times a week. The other 3 days, I do weights for 1-1/2 hr.

If it is weight that you want to control, Jogging is no. 1, but one needs to be fairly slim before jogging very much because he/she will probably have structural problems otherwise.

Swimming is also good, but I have noticed that heavy people tend to float better than slim people, so if a fat person is swimming to reduce weight, he has to swim and not just float around in the ocean.

Biking is another fine method for weight control, but again, biking is not effective as a calorie consumer unless one rides the bike. Remember, it you are not breathing hard and not sweating, you are not doing much.

Of course, if one has medical problems, one should consult one's doctor before starting any fitness program. :)

I walk 4 miles a day, fast, up and down the hills of Yorktown. (This area of Virginia really is flat as a pancake except for the terraces where sea level has fallen and exposed the river banks.)

I have a congenital narrowing of some of the disks in my back, and have had surgery on it once. Anything that involves running or jumping is out. I don't bike, because we don't have bike paths and the roads are narrrow, and I'm just not comfortable riding.

However - walking works. It doesn't require any expense other than a pair of good shoes.

Thanks syntax252 and coquina.

You two suggested several good ideas to me. In fact, I am very fit cos I did lots of exercises when I was young.

I would like to have an explanation of why aerobic activities,like jogging, help one man to keep fit while anaerobic activities, like lifting weight, contribute little effort.

Thanks syntax252 and coquina.

You two suggested several good ideas to me. In fact' date=' I am very fit cos I did lots of exercises when I was young.

I would like to have an explanation of why aerobic activities,like jogging, help one man to keep fit while anaerobic activities, like lifting weight, contribute little effort.[/quote']

Weight lifting will also help you keep fit. Many trainers suggest that you alternate aerobic exercises one day followed by anaerobic ones the next.

Weight lifting builds muscle mass - you burn some calories doing it - but a higher muscle to fat ratio raises your metabolic rate so you burn more calories all day, even when you aren't exercising.