Quantum Tranportation-Fiction or Reality?

Nicholas Kang

What you have described is not what is meant by the term quantum teleportation. Which is a transfer of quantum states from one particle to another.

The amount of information required to do what you purpose is astounding, it would be a good exercise to try and calculate this.

Is it possible to travel in the form of wave?

Can i just invent a special device that transform mass into energy, then I travel in the form of wave and then after reaching my destination I am reconverted back into mass- human body.

While it is theoretically possible to transform mass to energy and emit that energy to a reciever where it can be converted to mass again, there is one serious limitation that prevents this kind of teleportation. According to current understanding it is not possible, even theoretically, to exactly measure and map out positions and velocities of particles inside the object. Thus without an exact map it's impossible to reconstruct an identical replica at the reciever station.

If you want to send inanimate objects, then it's certainly possible that the differences between the original and the replica could be neglected. But if you want to send a person, then it would not be the same person that steps out at the other side, they would not be identical and the differences could very well be notable.

Also even IF we could make an exact copy there would be losses of energy during both the transformation and whilst travelling. Extra energy would need to be added to compensate for losses, so would the copy still be you or only an identical twin? What if two or more reciever stations manage to pick up the signal and they all reconstruct a copy, which one should be considered you?

I think no 2 receiver stations can construct me. This is somewhat a philosophy question. This is just a pure thought. i am just 15 years old. I don`t think I have mastered enough skills to calculate complex maths. Maybe I shall do this when I am in university. i hope that my question can stimulate others think of such question too, by the way.