Questions about exercise and sleep connection (dopamine, endorphin)

Windzal

Why you don't want to sleep when you exercise in the evening? When you exercise, body temperature rises, so the melatonin decreases and you don't want to sleep, yeah? I think that rise in body temperature wakes you up, but, on the other hand, rise in the body temperature denature proteins..

I know that Dopamine can directly inhibit production and release of a molecule, melatonin, that induces drowsiness and prepares the body for sleep, but does endorphin?

Does exercise increase dopamine or endorphin?

The general question would be:
What does make you want to sleep? And what does make you not want to sleep? Exactly.

Thanks.

Edited by Windzal

Why you don't want to sleep when you exercise in the evening? When you exercise, body temperature rises, so the melatonin decreases and you don't want to sleep, yeah? I think that rise in body temperature wakes you up, but, on the other hand, rise in the body temperature denature proteins..

I know that Dopamine can directly inhibit production and release of a molecule, melatonin, that induces drowsiness and prepares the body for sleep, but does endorphin?

Does exercise increase dopamine or endorphin?

The general question would be:

What does make you want to sleep? And what does make you not want to sleep? Exactly.

Thanks.

Its said that sleeping gets your blood rushing and your heart going so you are more awake. So its said to not be a very good thing when you are about to go to bed. Some suggest taking a warm shower and that often seems to put people to sleep. Its also needed if you just had an intense work out. Though from my personal experience I usually was so exhausted after a work out I was ready to go home and just pass out. Though I would often work out to a point I could no longer move and just could not go anymore.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/sleep/basics/how-to-fall-asleep1.htm

• 2 years later...