Just an idea...

MichaelHDurso

I thought what if gravity is a curve like in relativity but not in most diagrams, I was thinking since we have 3D dimension with 4D as spacetime it could be a sphere with spacetime actually pressing against the Earth.

Earth: Creates curve in spacetime which is a sphere since we live in a 3D Universe with 4D as spacetime

Atmosphere: Is trapped by the gravity pushing against it

Red Gravity layer: It touches the surface of the Earth and the closer the more dense the gravity is. In the very edge to orange is the zone where things can orbit Earth that are small.

Red and Orange Gravity layer: Larger objects are able to orbit cause the distance is farther away from earth

Orange and grey gravity layer: Super sized objects can orbit do to distance

Space: things don't orbit or can't due to size and distance

Rockets: Enough thrust to go through the gravitational push and atmosphere

Space junk: Depending the angle of object the speed is increased. if the object goes directly at the planet it will most likely hit it depending size, and if its at an angle towards the Earth if will impact it not as hard.

Spacetime: if it really does curve spacetime it has to be a sphere cause things can orbit earth in any direction at certain speed and angle.

in diagram its just showing one direction of finite directions

I just see it as earth being a ball in a spacetime thats squeezing it to fill up the space that the Earth is doing

P.S. This is all just an idea. No math or evidence to back it up. just all theoretical. I hope that someone with the smarts can disprove or prove or provide a possibility of my idea

post-103231-0-78163300-1390857576_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Having more or less mass does not dictate whether or not you can have a stable orbit. The further you get from the center of the earth, the more mass you would need, or just a slower tangental velocity. Theoretically, the moon could orbit the earth from 10 lightyears away if it was moving slow enough and they were the only two masses in the universe. I'm not really sure what these gravitational 'layers' are supposed to be.

What happens to your idea if you treat the curvature in terms of measurements only (eg. of length and time etc). Since there's no evidence of the existence of spacetime as a thing, I don't think there's any point in speculating that it is, at least not unless the measurements correspond with reality.