Bat and Ball

YT2095

good try however!

likewise kudos to newtonian who' date=' however, was working on a different puzzle since he differed in his understanding of the rules.

:D[/quote']

Somehow i fail to see how i didnt follow the rules,which you clearly stated one letter at a time to make a new legitimate word.You made no mention of not re-arranging letters.

So i declare im the winner!

So eat my shorts Martin :P

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow i fail to see how i didnt follow the rules' date='which you clearly stated one letter at a time to make a new legitimate word.You made no mention of not re-arranging letters.

So i declare im the winner!

So eat my shorts Martin :P[/quote']

he didnt make any mention of not magically skipping steps either, so i think ill just go straight from black to white. one step, i win. : D

Congratulations to our three new winners.

Newtonian, Ducky Havok (who sees the pattern in 11, 20, 31, 44, 61, 100

but it leaving it for someone else to answer), and above all Calli!

Calli has transformed black into white in an unprecedented single move thus vanguishing all past and future contenders.

LOL. Congratulations everyone. I'll just finish Ducky Havok's answer for the sequence of 11' date=' 20, 31 and so.

[hide']Perfect squares in octal. So the sequence is: 4, 11, 20, 31, 44, 61, 100, 121.[/hide]

The Thing got it again. Can you see the pattern in this one? It is more complicated a way:

3, 7, 14, 23, 36, 49,..

Well, seeing that in this forum the most frequent patterns are either perfect squares, other-than-10 based systems, and prime numbers, I experimented with them 3.

[hide]Tried other-than-10 systems first. Didn't make head or tail. So I tried with the prime and squares. Took me 2wice as long as the last sequence. Last sequence I had like a spark of genius. But I think I managed to get this one right.

3,7,14,23,36,49,66,83,104. Is that right?

The pattern is the increasing perfect squares + the increasing prime numbers. So the first number is 1*1+2=3. Second Number is 2*2+3=7. Third=3*3+5=14. 4th=4*4+7=23, and 5th=5*5+11=36 and etc.[/hide]

Word problems are fun. Im still trying to crack the word problem in the thread "Translations" about "Potassium Iodide (T^2/T^4)(1/Y)^-1". Seems like Kitty but T^2/T^4=T^-2=1/T^2. And I can't make that work.

Well, still trying.

[hide]3' date='7,14,23,36,49,66,83,104. Is that right?

The pattern is the increasing perfect squares + the increasing prime numbers. So the first number is 1*1+2=3. Second Number is 2*2+3=7. Third=3*3+5=14. 4th=4*4+7=23, and 5th=5*5+11=36 and etc.[/hide']

Word problems are fun. Im still trying to crack the word problem in the thread "Translations" about "Potassium Iodide (T^2/T^4)(1/Y)^-1". Seems like Kitty but T^2/T^4=T^-2=1/T^2. And I can't make that work.

Well, still trying.

your (hidden) answer is right.

About the potassium iodide puzzler, I personally suspect it is Kitty and that there may have been a trivial mistake entering it.