Dump of physical memory

Primarygun

I've had this before and seen it many times... if you're lucky just rebooting your computer will do the trick.

Did you add any new hardware recently ?

Did you update any drivers ?

Any major OS updates? (unlikely to be a cause though)

what is the exact error code?

e.g. 0x0000000A or something.

is it still occuring?

what OS are you running? try reinstalling (or reparing) that... in other words instal it on top of itself, you do not need to format, you will not loose any data.

Did you add any new hardware recently ?

Did you update any drivers ?

Any major OS updates? (unlikely to be a cause though)

No. What are the exact meaning of drivers? Window XP, maybe, the update are always named as " Major update"

what is the exact error code?

e.g. 0x0000000A or something.

I'm sad that I didn't take notice on the numbers.

If they are, and you have more than one, try booting with only one of them inserted at a time. If one of them is faulty, that should allow you to identify which one it is.
My computer has two memory sticks. I've tried to remove one of them and start booting my computer. Neither them has no faults, I think.

I'm sad that I didn't take notice on the numbers.

well if you boot your computer again does the message come back?

if yes: boot your computer and take note of the message.

if no: your lucky, but it will probably come back some time soon - I'd advise you to reinstal XP, boot from the CD and do repair, you do not format and do not lose any settings, except maybe your theme, but you can just save that and load it after the XP-repair.

What?

Can we please stick to tracking the evidence, instead of spamming him with disparate questions and fixes to problems that he might not even have?

My computer has two memory sticks. I've tried to remove one of them and start booting my computer. Neither them has no faults, I think.

If it's not the memory itself, the next logical place to look would be memory access. What was the last system change you made before you started getting blue screens?

What?

The screen he is getting does not have to refer to memory error... in fact that screen can appear for a lot of reasons from software error, hardware error, kernel error, driver failure etc.

Go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_hwpg.asp

and scroll down all the possible errors he has on the left, not many of them refer to memory.

I have had this problem and it was referring to drivers, I have seen this problem elsewhere referring to software error (don't know how it happened but it did).

The way he said:

"I'm sad that I didn't take notice on the numbers."

If he still had that error then he could just boot up his computer and see it... I have seen this error appear once randomly and then after a reboot disappear.

instead of spamming him with disparate questions and fixes to problems that he might not even have?

The fact remains that just because he has a BSOD, we do not have a clue what it is referring to in this case, so I was not "spamming him with disparate questions" I was giving a general range of suggestions that would fix a general range of problems because we do not know what his problem is.

Apply reductionist principles

OK, so he didn't add any new hardware...

1) have you opened your computer or played around or moved any hardware? (includes moving your whole computer to a new location, which might knock hardware)

and

2) Are you still getting that screen?

if he answers 'no' to 1 then its not a human caused error.

if the answer to 2 is 'no' then thread closed.

that's reductionist principle, if it's man made we can work out what is causing the error as it'll probably be what he changed.

The last four questions you asked was:

"What?"

and

for me to stop spamming him with ideas

and

"What was the last system change you made before you started getting blue screens?"

and

"Hello?"

which one were you referring to? Because the only one helpful in this thread is the 3rd one, and you cannot answer 'no' to it!

Ok, i read through my posts before I post them normally, and this sounds a bit offensive, it's not meant to be, I'm interested in what you were referring to.

changing system settings do not always have an immediate effect.

For example I was playing around with system files, it made no difference. But when I rebooted my computer I got loads of errors because the system file was missing.

Now some people I know only turn their computers off like once every month, if this is the case here then possibly he could have caused the damage weeks ago.

OK, go for it.

You ask him about system changes, I'll ask him about hardware changes... after which we'll have a better idea as to what is going on.

Primarygun, you input is needed here!

Oh yeah, and do tell us if you still have that message at all!

1) have you opened your computer or played around or moved any hardware? (includes moving your whole computer to a new location, which might knock hardware

No

2) Are you still getting that screen?

No. However, my computer continues to reboot reveals that the problem is still present.

No. However, my computer continues to reboot reveals that the problem is still present.

So one sec... you boot up, at what point does your computer tell you there's problems? and then what, does it just carry on booting as normal?

It reboots all the time. Once I entered into my window, there is 50% chance of rebooting automatically.

I still don't get it!

What happens exactly in order?

What stage does the booting process get to before it shuts down and reboots?

If it reboots all the time, how can you get into windows?

If I understand you correctly this sounds like a virus I have heard of that makes your computer reboot all the time, if you can do an anti-virus (AV) scan, although this can not bring true results because a virus that is running can evade a virus scan... so try checking what programs are running, maybe try booting in safe mode.

In order to be helpfull to primary,it is better to start all over again.

Firstly primary tell us your comps specs(by this i mean operating system,amount of memory,graphics card etc)

then describe from switching your computer on,the sequence of events that lead up to failure/success.

As 5614 stated it can be due to a number of reasons.Primarily because you mentioned you have applied major updates(im assuming you apply updates as they become available),this usually rules out a virus.

Also take note of any onscreen warning boxes.

Can you boot successfully in safe mode?

No.

Where can I have a look on the updates downloaded?

The incident began in one day. My computer has a lot of problems.

As I mentioned in another thread, it needs a lot of time to power up when I cut the electricity.( I know currents are passing it, it is the hardware problem, I think)

Now talk about the latest problem. It reboots all the day since that day. I didn't install any software or hardware in that month. I have several major updates by the Window XP HELPER (I don't know its exact name, every window user can use it, it has been installed already).

My normal process of operating.

1.Intel brand screen

2.Window loading screen.

3.User login screen

4.Desktop

The process is stopped by something ( Errors in software,hardware or virus). Then it reboots again and goes into 1.. Later, maybe half a hours or several ten minutes, I am able to login. Then ok.

Sometimes, my monitor suddenly turns black in screen, the power swtich goes brown.

With this light, I don't know how many things it indicates. But I know one thing, it usually reveals that my Computer has not started yet.

The process is stopped by something ( Errors in software,hardware or virus). Then it reboots again and goes into 1.. Later, maybe half a hours or several ten minutes, I am able to login. Then ok.

Sometimes, my monitor suddenly turns black in screen, the power swtich goes brown.

when the process it stopped, do you see a message?

and then after a long time you can log in, that sounds like your processor or RAM is dodgy and your computer is running at super-slow loading speeds.

that monitor thing sounds like the graphics card is broken, although as you said the power switch also goes, maybe it is a general power problem, possibly a short circuit.

as said, it is possibly a virus or something.

Does the same thing happen when you boot in safe mode?

I'd advise you format your computer and reinstal windows and see if it works, if it does then its just a virus possibly, if it is still broken then obviously you have a hardware error.