Starting a thermal nuclear reaction

Pix

This question probably pretty simple to most of you

. By using a voltage inthe millions and amperage of in the hundreds of thousands like our friends at Z pinch are currently using .

or as is found in lightning would it be possible to start a nuclear fusion ? us the lightning

. to turn a fuel like helium three or lithium six or a heavy hydrogen into a plasma while to same time compress it on the outside a rate of 220,000 the second to a pressure of 2 million psi would be capable of initiating a nuclear fusion reaction ?

thank you Pix

Starting fusion is rather easy. Fusors do it. Some experiments with exploding conductors around liquid deuterium do it with modest energy and size. I'm absolutely confident that the Z-machine does it routinely when configured to do so.

The difficulty is to extract more useable energy from fusion than was invested to attain the conditions. This is difficult even with deuterium and tritium, the most easy candidates by far. The Z-machine is not officially meant for that purpose, but of course people play with this possibility.

If some day fusion of nuclides without tritium (which is too scarce) becomes interesting, then possibly thanks to the Z-pinch, which achieves conditions sufficient to ignite exotic combinations, much more naturally than laser shots and tokamaks.

Did you mean natural "lightning"? It's much weaker than the Z-machine.

Starting fusion is rather easy. Fusors do it. Some experiments with exploding conductors around liquid deuterium do it with modest energy and size. I'm absolutely confident that the Z-machine does it routinely when configured to do so.

The difficulty is to extract more useable energy from fusion than was invested to attain the conditions. This is difficult even with deuterium and tritium, the most easy candidates by far. The Z-machine is not officially meant for that purpose, but of course people play with this possibility.

If some day fusion of nuclides without tritium (which is too scarce) becomes interesting, then possibly thanks to the Z-pinch, which achieves conditions sufficient to ignite exotic combinations, much more naturally than laser shots and tokamaks.

Did you mean natural "lightning"? It's much weaker than the Z-machine.

. Thank you for taking the time

to reply to my question

as for your question, sir

I natural lightning it was

I realize will get 250,000 A

at 1.5 million volts

. This is while using high explosives and the moral affect

to increase temperature and density. Both

I visualize the lightning

during the fuel to a plasma

a temperature =

20,000 thousand degrees Kelvin

and then inputting at a high rate of speed

to a pressure of over 2 million PSI

this would generate the temperatures and densities necessary to start nuclear fusion

admittedly containments can be a beast

, this is just a mind experiment I thought up in the ninth grade

I'm now 56 years old still can't get it out of my head. Thank you for your time

Pix