World Politics Debate

gwiyomi17

Let me start: "Yes" and "No".

Let me first clearly state that below I give you my opinion, which I build on top of a selection of historical facts (but since I am not a historian, I am sure that my knowledge of history has some gaps, and therefore my opinion may change as I learn more!)

Yes

At this moment, it seems the world has one giant alliance (NATO), and an even larger number of western countries who are economically linked very closely. No other alliance comes close in size, and therefore nobody is so stupid as to attack the west (that bit of terrorism is seriously negligible). So, if the alliance is big enough to discourage all potential enemies, it can work.

No

However, for example right before WWI, countries formed large alliances. They may have thought that this increased their security. But all that happened was that they increased the scale of the war that followed when a conflict arose.

So, did I just do your homework?

Let me start: "Yes" and "No".

Let me first clearly state that below I give you my opinion, which I build on top of a selection of historical facts (but since I am not a historian, I am sure that my knowledge of history has some gaps, and therefore my opinion may change as I learn more!)

Yes

At this moment, it seems the world has one giant alliance (NATO), and an even larger number of western countries who are economically linked very closely. No other alliance comes close in size, and therefore nobody is so stupid as to attack the west (that bit of terrorism is seriously negligible). So, if the alliance is big enough to discourage all potential enemies, it can work.

No

However, for example right before WWI, countries formed large alliances. They may have thought that this increased their security. But all that happened was that they increased the scale of the war that followed when a conflict arose.

So, did I just do your homework?

thanks,

no you did not do my homework, you gave me some ideas :)

i need to pick which side should i be for my argumentative essay.

I just wanted to know which side has more points so that I can write a long one..