Article: Pentagon may raise military death pay.

TimeTraveler

Featured article:

http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?id=CP_2778&ps=1018

Disclaimer:

It's a touchy subject when talking about lives lost, families destroyed, and money at the same time. Please use the appropriate level of sensetivity when replying to this thread.

President Bush will propose that families of U.S. troops killed in Iraq' date=' Afghanistan and war zones of the future receive an extra $250,000 in government payments.

The plan, which includes retroactive payments to the spouses or surviving relatives of the more than 1,500 who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan since October 2001, will be part of the 2006 budget proposal submitted to Congress next week, the Pentagon's personnel chief said.

[/quote']

1500 x $250,000 = $375 million, not nearly enough in my opinion. But there is no amount that ever would be. I think we should ask the American oil companies that have profitted from these wars to match the amounts the government is paying, I do not think that would be an unfair request at all.

The best payment the government could give these families is the truth, imho.