Advise help for..thesis.....

cloudzell91

hi there guyz... new on here..

,,,, i want to look some advice of what will be a good thing to do in a THESIS....

,,7-8 months is the time frame.. now is the planning time of what is a simple thesis to make in CS..

,,, to make use of ANDROID maybe game for android or a screen lock(is this a good choice?),,

..am still new n android programming and want to seek some advice of what is a good thing to do in a thesis project

...if you have other things in mind besides ANDROID that is easy and simple for thesis that fits for a CS

.... sorry for my english tongue.png

Welcome to SFN. I am surprised no one has replied. Your English is OK. I know nothing about ANDROID and very little about programming games; thus, I am unable to help with your request. Good luck.

Edited by EdEarl

CS:

Counter-strike?

Corticosteroids?

Computer Science?

Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles?

-------------------------------------------------

No idea if this fits your desire, but I strongly wish one software, and you might be sensitive to it in the Philippines...

The Diccionario de la Real Academia Española (DRAE) is recognized as the best Spanish dictionary.

One software edition exists (simply "Edición en Cd-rom", vigésima segunda edición, by Espasa), but it is, how to say, less than perfect... Written in Java (first mistake), it seems to load the full database in Ram (second mistake) before the software starts, which takes nearly one minute, making the software nearly unusable.

So I'd like a good new software that exploits offline the existing DRAE database, as the existing software does, but better. As models, the "Dictionnaire Hachette-Oxford" for English <-> French has a database of similar size but starts instantly; the "Deutsches Universal Wörterbuch" von Duden does as well, and many more. I suppose it suffices to program cleanly and sensibly, using good standard database techniques.

There is a market for it (if customers realize it's not the bad old software). Maybe the Academia is interested (they own the database anyway), or rather a Latin American editor, as the economic situation suggests.

One other wish:

I'd like a software that finds the personnal settings I make on Windows and writes them as a .reg file for further use. Especially the ones for Windows Explorer and the "search file" function: I waste half an hour after each Windows installation, after which I haven't still changed all the settings I need.

I've found no such software:

- Run it late, when the settings are already made

- Keep the settings in a file for reuse. I don't reinstall or upgrade a system here, it's for fresh install.

- Run between different editions of Windows - including old editions knowing one single user.

Other project ideas:

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/69084-suggest-a-topic-for-master-thesis/

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/68796-need-some-ideas-for-a-project/

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/68996-compression-on-cuda/

especially the file digest is simple, to find files renamed or moved, in a file synchronizer

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/68781-i-need-suggestion-regarding-my-master-thesis-topic/

more ambitious for one person in 8 months

Fingers crossed, because these are software pieces I'd like to have!

Marc Schaefer, aka Enthalpy