how to extract kno3 from (dirt,ashes,....)?help me please

Guest tomasl555

Guest tomasl555

Hi there

this is my first thread in this forum, firstly thank you all very much.

one time i read about making kno3 from (manure,dirt,ashes,..etc)

and i have found the way in this forum before i enjoy it, but the way was so difficult for me because the steps of it have no explain it was so simplified(too short) so of course i have too many mistakes, the thing i need from you friends to explain this way for me more and more and if you can add some pics,or something else, or to find me this way on a good website and with a good explaning and to be easy to do...

i attached the file that i got from this forum in the past but it is not explain everything, you will find some questions for me in it.

thank you very much,,,, i waiting for a reply quickly....please...

Making Kno3.doc

"if he asks how to make nitric acid dont tell him :\"

Lol. :) Btw, I'm starting to wonder if anyone ever tried the bacteria-decomposition thing with human excrement. I recall YT using bovine manure or similar, in a large barrel or something, but I've probably just had hallucinations... again. Oooh look at the pretty colors.

Lol. :) Btw' date=' I'm starting to wonder if anyone ever tried the bacteria-decomposition thing with human excrement. I recall YT using bovine manure or similar, in a large barrel or something, but I've probably just had hallucinations... again. Oooh look at the pretty colors.[/quote']

you weren`t dreaming, I have about 28 gallons of it "fermenting" along with several tens of kilos of Wood Ash. it should be just great in the summer when I filter and dry it out in the sunshine :)

it's also banned from being sold in the us :rolleyes:

Who lied to you? Potassium Nitrate is a common fertilizer can be bought throughout the states from sea to shining sea in 50 pound bags. It is fertilizer grade - mined from the mountains in Chile - so the impurities are NaCl and possibly a bit of hydroxide aswell - this can be checked through pH test. Some bags will hardly tip the meter. If the farm supply thinks you're too ugly to sell it to you - you can find it in a more expensive source through nurseries that sell stump removers. Many stump removers are about a 5 bucks per pound source of KNO3 with about equal purity to that of the fertilizer grade. It may have a binding agent which can be seperated by disolving in water and recrystalizing.

If THEY think you're too ugly - You can use any nitrate - particularly the hydroscopic NaNO3 which you can find in the garden sections of hardware stores.... and don't worry, they get plenty of ugly people so they won't notice you. Using this and a potassium salt (like KCl which is at grocery stores as a salt substitute) you can seperate KNO3 through a process of fractional crystalization. Look at solubility charts for guidance on this process.

Cheers!

Justin

Who lied to you? Potassium Nitrate is a common fertilizer can be bought throughout the states from sea to shining sea in 50 pound bags. It is fertilizer grade - mined from the mountains in Chile -

last i checked they mined sodium nitrate in chile. and as it is now, i cannot get any NO3-, save the small amount of ammonium nitrate in cooling packs. that's it. i can get an expensive mixture of trash with 8% KNO3 and that's it

so, essentially, you have stated that my mentioning a portion of the name of a chemical was redundant, as that portion (the anion) had already been mentioned before. you see, in case you hadn't read thoroughly, i mentioned a difference in the cation present in the salt. as well, it is not your place to apologize for my "lapses," especially in the situation where i have not made a "lapse".

since the time you have joined this forum, i have noticed the constistent condescending nature of your posts. we do not appreciate such an attitude around here. if you wish to be a member of these forums, i suggest you act with less pomposity, lest you be banned

Are you the moderator? Let the moderator be the moderator. Are you the entire forum? Let the forum be the forum. If you don't like me - get over it. If the moderator doesn't like me - he'll ban me. It is within his powers and the decision is properly his - not yours.

btw there is a reason why they call it Chile saltpeter.

Can you think of why that could be? *holds hands on knees like blues clues*

cheers!

I would laugh if the joke was funny.

They call it chile saltpeter because it's mined in Chile.

Again please don't try to bs your way around error.

And again - google is a fine resource for research; you don't have to pull info from your ass.

Anything else?