Leonard Susskind on the World as a Hologram

nb- - would a MODERATOR be kind enough to change the title above to "world", as I've typed "universe". Thanks.

I'm having problems with cut and paste on this site, so will try and put this YT video up on the screen.

This is a topic I caught a while back within a BBC Horizon episode -- where one physicist said something like "if you think that you understand this subject, you don't, nobody does!"

Thanks to Ed once again for referring me to these Stanford University YT Lectures. I came across this one so decided to place it in here rather than just watch it myself.

I haven't had a chance to listen the video all the way through, it's around 50 minutes or so long, and so will probably watch it when I return home from work.

Edit:

It seems I've FINALLY twigged on how to paste in on here, slightly different to some sites out there.

Edited by BrightQuark

One big problem with youtube is it offers too much choice, so it's easy to waste time. There are interesting and informative videos by Richard Feynman, Stephen Hawking, Lawrence Krauss, Carl Sagan, and others. The TED Talks (each about 18 minutes) are often fantastic and always excellent, but TEDx videos are rarely as good. evil.gif Enjoy.

Yes, I've always found the web to be a a sort of good/bad entity on that front, it's dark and light, good and evil, evil.gif all wrapped up Ed! And it's a fine art to separate out the rubbish, dross, from the gold. Thanks for those tips, that will help to narrow down the search choices. I've found the web of middling quality for other subjects I like to read up on, such as literature, history, philosophy and even theology recently.

I've always had a bit of a knack for finding good books, that's from spending too much time in bookshops, or on Amazon, and other websites, and try to apply those instincts to the web, but there's a lot to get through, found one by Lawrence Krauss last night, lecturing at CALTECH with Dawkins on a universe out of nothing, and that was interesting and fun too.

smile.png