Staying up Late

ku

If you consitently stay up late (say sleep at 4 am) and wake up late (say 12 noon), is this bad for you?

You are still getting 8 hours of sleep per day. The only problem I can think of with this sleeping habit is that you tend to be up when there is no sunlight and this may lead to vitamin D deficiencies...but this is probably minor and you can probably compensate for vitamin D deficiencies by drinking more milk.

oh yeah, sorry, he's still getting 8 hours per day.

well if you consider that some people who work night shifts sleep ALL day it cant be too bad, or at least there are no known major consequences.

but also there's an old saying "1 hour before midnight is worth 2 hours after" i still dont know if it has any scientific backing or theory or evidence or whatever, but its a saying all the same!

rite now cos its exam time for me . my sleeping pattern has completely swapped over. so i go to bed at 2 pm. wake up at 10 pm. then revise all nite for the exam. come back at 11am . then go to bed at 2pm again. I will completely effed for my lectures though.