Searching for Earth Like Planets

us.2u

Are you serious? You must be winding us up - right? This is incorrect on so many levels I don't know where to begin. Please tell me you're joking.

Dude... do you have the first clue what the context is?... I didn' think so

Speaking of context, there was a BIG hint right in the context of the first part of the sentence that you cut... because you're so sure that you already have all the answers:

quote me:

The physics principle that I gave indicates that this is not correct, becuase all life formed at approximately the same time in the evolution of our universe, for that reason...

/quote

*eyeroll*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Island, I see that you are serious in your contention that "all life formed at approximately the same time in the evolution of our universe,".

Dude... do you have the first clue what the context is?... I didn' think so.
We'll get on a lot better if we ask each other what our understanding of a point is, rather than assuming we already know it. Hence I asked you if you truly meant your statement quoted above.

I believe you are talking within the context of the weak anthropic principle. If you’re not, then you are correct, I "have (not) the first clue what the context is".

However, I can see no way in which the application of this principle justifies your conclusion. I would be interested in a demonstration of the applicability of WAP.

Of course, it may be possible to save you that trouble: what do you consider to constitute approximately the same time?

If you mean over a two to four billion year time frame I would agree (subject to changing "all life" to "most life"), but that would bring an undesirable breadth to the use of the word approximate.

If my incredulous initial question upset you, excuse me, I did and do find your contention incredible. I trust you will be prepared to attempt to explain your rationale.

Well Island' date=' I see that you are serious in your contention that "all life formed at approximately the same time in the evolution of our universe,".

We'll get on a lot better if we ask each other what our understanding of a point is, rather than assuming we already know it. Hence I asked you if you truly meant your statement quoted above.

I believe you are talking within the context of the weak anthropic principle. If you’re not, then you are correct, I "[i']have (not) the first clue what the context is".[/i]

However, I can see no way in which the application of this principle justifies your conclusion. I would be interested in a demonstration of the applicability of WAP.

Of course, it may be possible to save you that trouble: what do you consider to constitute approximately the same time?

If you mean over a two to four billion year time frame I would agree

Then there's no argument, and of course you have to include the total time until now, because that's about when the principle first came into effect to manifest life, as far as we know.

I'll take that to mean you aren't looking for a serious discussion.

I just read back over everything, and I don't see what there is to discuss if we're in agreement???

If you're still claiming that I can't rationalize what I said, then you'd better go back and take note that I left some very hard proof behind that you've neglected to bring along.