isis and earthquakes

robomont

is isis not posting some earthquakes that happen in the united states.my local news program talks of quakes but even after a day.i dont see them posted.

whats up with that?

is usgs not giving us the full truth?

what are they trying to hide?

is there a very high chance of a major earthquake from washington dc to missouri?

Edited by robomont

Isis? Did you mean IRIS? The latter is an association of research institutes involved in seismology. They have several data bases, some of which are populated automatically. So, some questions:

1. Did you mean IRIS, if not, what is ISIS?

2. Where and when are the quakes you refer to? Can you provide a link to verify their location and character?

3. What specific data base are you not seeing them reported on?

If you mean IRIS, then IRIS and the USGS are different entities. Do you believe that every earthquake in the US is recorded in every data base and published on every site relating to seismic events?

There is a practical certainty of a major earthquake from Washington D.C. to Missouri. It is just very unlikely to occur any time soon.

Why the paranoia? If it is a medical condition, accept my regrets and I'll withdraw now. If it's an educational deficiency I can work with you to correct it.

yes iris.yes i thought if you have a earthquake map then it should have all not cherry picked.

IQ could use some work i agree.cant fix stupid though.

tried to change spelling but didnt have a clue.

always paranoid.its kept me alive for 45 years.

plus big imagination and world full of conspiracy theories.bob and weave if only for the exorcise

Small earthquakes are going on all the time. Some databases have cut-offs on the magnitude of earthquake they will record. There is nothing sinister about that. Earthquakes are studied for a variety of reasons and small earthquakes could detract from proper studies of some issues. That is not cherry picking, it is focusing.

Even if an earthquake is recorded in a database it will not follow that all will then be reported on line. Again, nothing sinister, its a matter of bandwidth and judged relevance. Remember, this was reported on your local news station. It was important locally. It seems it was very unimportant elsewhere.

You said being paranoid has kept you alive for forty five years, but how do you know its not because they are looking after you?