How to make them safer?

TransformerRobot

Hi, another thing I need your help with about the hoverbikes in my show concept.

I sometimes think I should make the bikes faster, but then it brings safety to issue because of the increased g-forces (assuming that's a possibility). The fastest I wanted to make them at one time was no more than 800 km/h.

What should I do, design-wise, to make sure the riders are safer at such high speeds? Is there some other technology that would need to be acquired for this objective?

F=ma

Force = mass * acceleration

It has been a long time since I did this; I will probably make a mistake.

Assume a person of 100kg mass...a big man, but easy math.

800km is about 0.25 m/s

If the bike is stopped in 1 sec, the acceleration is 0.25m/s2

F = 100kg * 0.25m/s2

F = 25kg*m/s2 = 25 newtons = about 5.620 pound-force

I do not know how much force a body can withstand. However, less than 0.25m thickness of a body is damaged in a fraction of a second. The 25 N force is greater as the impact duration decreases. Thus, the impact force is greatest at the first instant of impact and decreases until complete. The force is also distributed over an area of impact, and the instantaneous force on one part of the body would differ from another because the area of impact will change during the impact. I do not know how to do that integral.

Eventually, one might be able to estimate the dimensions of an air bag to absorb the force. Needless to say, it would be much greater than those in automobiles going 80k/h, at least 10 times more. The height of the vehicle above ground also affects the design. To be sure it works, one should do crash experiments, or at least simulate them in a computer.

Adios.

Well, here's something I just saw that might be close to what you're talking about:

Also, would the riders maybe have to wear something similar to a pilot's g-suit to prevent force damage on the body?

Edited by TransformerRobot