Question about tabs in Google Chrome

ACG52

I've just started using Chrome, and I like it considerably better than IE8. But there's one thing I can do in IE which I haven't been able to figure out in Chrome.

When I click on a link using the middle mouse button, I open the link in a new tab. In IE, there's a setting which always moves the new tab to the foreground, making it active. I can't find the same in Chrome. The link opens in the new tab, but the current tab always stays as the active one, making me click on the second tab.

Now, it may simply not be possible to do that in Chrome, but does anyone have any ideas? I have taken a look at everything in settings, but no luck.

No, that opens the new tab, but leaves it in the background. You still have to click on the tab to bring it forward.

BUT, I've found the answer. There's a chrome add-in called 'bring tabs to the front' which is free and works.

Mods, feel free to close this thread.

Thanks.