Could you please calculate this for me?

TransformerRobot

I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

In the F-Zero games the cars are able to travel over 1000 km/h, which would obviously end the race much faster if it was a real sport. The games only depict each race as lasting 3 laps, so obviously that wouldn't be a long enough race to satisfy the audience.

Now, let's consider these factors:

-Each car is driving at over 1000 km/h.

-The track is at least 500 meters.

-The race is 30 laps long.

With those factors in mind, what total time would the race accumulate?

Oh sorry, no formulas included in the last post.

Speed in m/s is

Speed in km/h * 1000 / 3600

Time per lap is

lap length / speed in m/s

Number of laps, naturally, is

number of laps * time per lap

Am I guessing right when I think you'll use this for your animated project? If so, I'd suggest changing two variables: lap length and the speed of the vehicles.

Lap length because, even today, with our sub sci-fi speeds, are way longer than 500 m. For example, the Talladega Speedway (which is just a weird oval shape) is over 4 km long. So unless there's some dramatic change in racing culture, you probably don't want to make it shorter. One reason, I can imagine, would be that the spectators should be able to see the whole race track, but that's what race monitors are for!

Speeds because, as audience, you won't see a thing when the vehicles come whipping past at almost supersonic speeds. Lowering that speed would make it way more entertaining, while still being dangerous enough to be worth looking at.