Earth Day

vampares

This may seem negative. It is not intended that way. It is simply honest and accurate. Earth Day means nothing to me.

Why? Showing concern for the planet one day out of three hundred and sixty five is better than nothing, but not by much. I prefer to think about environmental issues every day. I prefer to take actions, or encourage inaction, in order to improve the environment and to make others more aware of the issues.

Earth Day makes as much sense to me as having an Eating Day. Let's see how far that would get you.

We live on this planet permanently, bar a handful of astronauts who carry parts of it with them. Earth Day? No. Earth year? Possibly Earth Century! Now you are talking.

Well it doesn't mean this is the one day you might think about "Earth". Maybe it is the first day you would start thinking about it.

Most people in society do not have jobs/careers or lifestyles for that matter that direct their focus at the Global Spectrum.

Obviously you have a conscience that does not give in so easily.

We live on this planet permanently, bar a handful of astronauts who carry parts of it with them. Earth Day? No. Earth year? Possibly Earth Century! Now you are talking.

It's one day, that's all you get. Take it or leave it.

I'd rather the discussion did not insinuate responsibility, however.

What I am aiming for is like:

Deforestation

Endangered animals

Habitats

Globalism

Over Development and Suburban Sprawl

Paper or Plastic

CO2 Emissions