Could you suggest me a signal transduction cascade?

VictorC

I'm looking for some suggestions about enzymatic cascades to do a research work. I'm interested in embryogenesis, organogenesis and I would be grateful if you could suggest me some signal transduction cascade with components like Mitogen-activated protein kinases for example (I like them!). Any pathway that you think its physiological function is interesting would be perfect for me, even if it doesn't have connection with the topics I mentioned before.

Thank you very much,

Victor smile.png

There are many signal transduction cascades that might be what you want. Blood coagulation and complement (immunochemistry) both use serine proteases in the cascade. Trimeric Gq proteins work through phospholipase C and protein kinase C. However, these are not developmental cascades, which you said were of special interest. What about the binding of growth factors to RTKs through ras p21 (just before the MAP kinase cascade)? Or the JAK-STAT pathway that brings about maturation of erythrocytes? Clonal selection in the immune system might be a place to look, also.